A2A Installer Question?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

A2A Installer Question?

Post by cflord »

A2A

If I go into my new store account and re-download the L049, T-6, Comanche 250, Cherokee 180, and C182T for P3D V4, do the downloads include the new installers for these planes?

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :?:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A Installer Question?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Cliff,

Yes, any installers you download for Prepar3D v4 from the new store will be the latest ones. Updated FSX installers will follow before too much longer hopefully.

Thanks,
Nick

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Thanks Nick for your answer to my installer question. I downloaded the updated A2A airplanes for P3D V4 as I was thinking about updating P3D V4.1 to V4.3. If I am reading things correctly, to update to V4.3 will require me to de-install V4.1 and do a new install with V4.3. If that is true, will I also have to de-install all my A2A airplanes and re-install them? If your answer is yes, I suspect I'll have to de-install all my 127 payware sceneries and 25 payware airplanes and re-install them. If all that is true, then the P3D V4.1 improvement to V4.3 needs to be a substantial gain, to be worth all the effort. I currently have no problems with V4.1 and don't need to create any additional problems for myself. Again thanks for your help.

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Cliff,

When it comes to updating Prepar3D v4, or even performing a clean reinstall of the sim, it's not necessary to reinstall your A2A products. That's because we install outside of the P3D directory structure as per Lockheed Martin's recommendations.

I can't speak for other add-ons though. In particular, you might find that popular add-on scenery providers don't tend to use this approach, so reinstalling their products may be necessary. Probably best if you check with the providers in question though.

To be honest, I wouldn't say there are any massive enhancements between v4.1 and v4.3. If you're happy with 4.1 at the moment, you shouldn't have any problems with the latest A2A installers. However, generally speaking, we'd recommend that you keep your Prepar3D installation as up-to-date as possible, just as with any software.

Hope this helps,
Nick

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Thanks Nick. I'll look into it all again in 10 days, after I return from my trip to New Hampshire for my 50th High School Class Reunion! Did I just give away my age again? Hahaha

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”