Flying Legends, Duxford

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Flying Legends, Duxford

Post by Ron Attwood »

Anyone going to it? 14th and 15th July. I'll be there wearing a pink tutu and a cowboy hat. look out for me. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Flying Legends, Duxford

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Stylish :lol: :lol: :shock:
ImageImageImageImage

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Ron Attwood wrote:Anyone going to it? 14th and 15th July. I'll be there wearing a pink tutu and a cowboy hat. look out for me. :D
Better bring some sunblock if that's all you're planning to wear!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are tickets still about for it? I've a feeling I'm booked up already for that week with family stuff, but might be able to wing it :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Ron Attwood wrote:Anyone going to it? 14th and 15th July. I'll be there wearing a pink tutu and a cowboy hat. look out for me. :D
:lol:
On my side I have two heads but just in case, I'd wear a rose to the buttonhole...

Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

If you're going to laugh at me I'm going to leave off the tutu. That'll wipe the smile off your faces! :shock:
I'll stick a counterfeit A2A badge in my hatband.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

That is one place and event I've always wanted to go to

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

awash2002 wrote:That is one place and event I've always wanted to go to
You'd LOVE it!

The "place" itself exudes historical significance. You can spend a day looking through the museum exhibits, and still leave not having seen it all. You can turn your back on the buildings that span the various eras, and gaze out over the 'field', where you WILL be transported back to the 1940s, even without the aircraft! I don't know of another place that does that quite so convincingly. Listen to the skylarks and remember the fallen. Its the sound of an English summer, and features in the written memoirs of many an RAF and USAAF crewmember as being the last sound of 'peace' they'd hear before the mighty Merlins and Pratt and Whitneys enveloped them in 'war' once again. For the lucky ones, it was the first sound they heard once the propellers had stopped spinning.

"We could hear the Skylarks once again, and the world was still".

And then Ron turns up in a pink tutu, and the illusion is gone :shock: :lol: .

This year, we have a DC-6...Ohhhh YES! AND a P:47. I don't know which of the two I'm more excited about? I've seen a 47 at Duxford before, but haven't seen a DC-6, but its still a hard call. I'm worried about the weather, I have to admit. At the moment, its unbroken blue skies and sunshine, with temperatures nudging the 30s. This sort of weather never lasts THAT long, and we are getting ever closer to "Flying Legends"! :(

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

norfolkmike wrote:
You'd LOVE it!

The "place" itself exudes historical significance. You can spend a day looking through the museum exhibits, and still leave not having seen it all. You can turn your back on the buildings that span the various eras, and gaze out over the 'field', where you WILL be transported back to the 1940s, even without the aircraft! I don't know of another place that does that quite so convincingly. Listen to the skylarks and remember the fallen. Its the sound of an English summer, and features in the written memoirs of many an RAF and USAAF crewmember as being the last sound of 'peace' they'd hear before the mighty Merlins and Pratt and Whitneys enveloped them in 'war' once again. For the lucky ones, it was the first sound they heard once the propellers had stopped spinning.

"We could hear the Skylarks once again, and the world was still".
You brought tears to my eyes. :(

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

That's because that tutu is too tight for you.

Cheers Chris

norfolkmike
Senior Airman

Post by norfolkmike »

Wait until he sees the price of the beer! It'll bring a tear to many an eye! :(

simonflight
Airman First Class

Post by simonflight »

I'm just down the road from Duxford but this year I'm heading to RIAT at RAF Fairford.

I'll look out for a tutu stall in case the dates don't conflict next year.

Cheers
Simon

Moggster
Senior Airman

Post by Moggster »

If you do make it there, 1 quick tip go up to the American Air museum but don't use the entrance on the flight line. Instead, go up the path that looks like it's leading around the back of the museum. As you climb the path look left towards the museum, when you reach the entrance and read the plaque there you'll realise why.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

look out for the kid using a b17 for shade (not joking) and who might be wearing flight gear
AKA "Memey"

Junkman00
Airman

Post by Junkman00 »

Ron,
I will look for you around the Spitfire Beer stand, But I hope my Sir Elton John outfit dose not clash with yours. see you Saturday!
Phil
Junkman00

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”