Accu-Sim Bonanza screenshot from beta

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Bonanza screenshot from beta

Post by ryanbatc »

Nick always has nice shots!

Looks purty

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Aymi wrote:Is that me or do I see double exhaust on each side with one port smaller than the other, like on turbocharged LeMans cars ?
Good catch, I'm not sure what that is but apparently oil breather lines run there. Perhaps that is some sort of heat shield for them or something. Turbocharged Bonanza apparently has one-sided exhaust, as the three exhaust tubes per side join together before running into the turbocharger and then run straight out. Interestingly in standard Bonanza, the two exhausts are independent and serve three cylinders of one side each.

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote:
Aymi wrote:Is that me or do I see double exhaust on each side with one port smaller than the other, like on turbocharged LeMans cars ?
Good catch, I'm not sure what that is but apparently oil breather lines run there. Perhaps that is some sort of heat shield for them or something. Turbocharged Bonanza apparently has one-sided exhaust, as the three exhaust tubes per side join together before running into the turbocharger and then run straight out. Interestingly in standard Bonanza, the two exhausts are independent and serve three cylinders of one side each.

-Esa
I thought too that those were the oil breather lines. But I couldn’t find proof in a short amount of time. Interesting position though so close to the exhaust no?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I was curious about this too guys. Here's some info I found.
Louis Edmonds wrote:The aluminum tube beside the exhaust pipe is the engine breather and will normally have oil dripping from it. Having more than 10 quarts of oil in the engine will increase the drip rate. Over on the right side, the plastic (Tygon) tube that exists the aluminum pipe is the battery box drain/outvent. If you have a sealed battery, you will not see anything there. With a conventional lead/acid ("flooded") battery, you will see discoloration, and on rare occasion a drip. The aluminum tube next to it is the heater mixing valve outflow for when you have the heat off. the small rubber tube would be one of the seal drains, most likely the flow divider or engine driven fuel pump seal drain.
As Esa says, there's an exhaust pipe on the left for the left hand row of cylinders, and a corresponding exhaust pipe on the right in the normally aspirated version.

Cheers,
Nick

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Okay, that's interesting indeed. Breather was suggested by how the IPC picture was drawn, but that battery box vent is a curious piece if information. I wonder if it is there in dual exhaust configuration as well. (Apparently, as per Nick's link, there is also an outflow for heater air when the cabin heater is not in use there, at least in some models.)

I can't quickly make out how the heating is done - usually in airplanes I recall which have independent exhaust stacks and tailpipes for cylinder rows, say in Cessna 182, the heater air flows into one muffler, then to the other side's muffler via interconnect duct and then into your frozen feet and windshield. Those that combine the exhaust flows, for turbocharger as an example, tend to either have the heater shroud for the one exhaust stack only, located before that exhaust meets the other stack, or a combined shroud.

-Esa

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Beautiful!
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

A good sign? :lol: Just after landing to KGCN :

Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

skyhawkii
Airman

Post by skyhawkii »

Looks like it has the D'Shannon tip tanks! :D The best looking tip tanks you can get for the Bo. I now asked myself, what's the second type of tip tanks? Either Osborne (similar to the Comanche tanks) or the massive 100 gal Dolly Parton?

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Looks fantastic, it will be a quality product from A2A. I shall grab it when it is on sale. I am VERY patient and if I have to wait a year, I wait a year. Sales are a must for my purchases.

I've had the Carenado V Tail for a while now.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

What a job… Superb.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Great shot Nick! Well to go A2A, "the Bo" looks amazing!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Jcap
Airman

Post by Jcap »

Take my money!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Any interior shots you’d like to share?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

It's the only interior shot I'm authorized to show. :D
FAC257

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »