Flight Sim Expo 2018

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Raebo
Airman First Class

Flight Sim Expo 2018

Post by Raebo »

Did anyone from the A2A community go?

If so was it worth it ?

Was A2A Simulations there as an exhibitor?
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Flight Sim Expo 2018

Post by DHenriques_ »

Raebo wrote:Did anyone from the A2A community go?

If so was it worth it ?

Was A2A Simulations there as an exhibitor?
Yes, We were represented.
Dudley Henriques

Tail-dragger
Airman

Post by Tail-dragger »

I thought this video provides good summary of vendor booths
https://youtu.be/4biV4yW16_A

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

(From left to right) Adam from the Pilot Shop, Fernando and Mauricio from Carenado, John from Orbx, Scott from A2A, Tim and Bill from Orbx and Jake from A2A.

Jake and I flew out to this event. The flight sim community is small and family like. I've known John Venema of Orbx many years ago and we immediately hit it off. There is never any BS with John, just straight talk. Fernando and Mauricio visited our booth at Air Venture last year and Lewis and I were impressed with both (just look at Mauricio's smile and that says it all :) ). They are both very down to earth yet good businessmen. We ran into them again at flightsimexpo and were speaking of licensing for some applications, and during the conversation it was so clear that our companies fill a different role and while we are technically competitors, we have a good relationship with each other, and most importantly we respect what we each do. This is very good to have in business. Adam at flightsim shop and Miguel at SimMarket have been key and close partners of A2A. For the past 5-10 years I have been able to just pick up the phone talk. And I can say publicly in all my years of doing business with SimMarket and flightsimshop, there hasn't been a single late payment. These guys have risen to the top because they know how to run a business. I met Bill Womack a few years ago and we exchanged software and had lunch with him and his wife. He's a great talent and always easy to find, as he towers over most people in a room :). Relationships just become so much more meaningful when you can just relax and enjoy each other's company. And of course, Greg Sanderson of Jetline systems is not only a close friend but like an uncle to my son. I can never separate those two, they get along so well. So, this now annual event IMO has become an essential event for the health of our community and one that has tremendous meaning both personally and for business.

I could go on and on about the people in our flight sim and aviation industry. We're all very lucky to be part of this community.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”