FSXA issue

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

FSXA issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Had a strange issue today , not flown the A2A P180 for a month , so set it up , did the walk around , changed oil and plugs as a precaution , checked fuel and payload ok .
Then fired up the aircraft , and gently opened the throttle , NOTHING , aircraft glued to the spot , went outside , no engine sounds , double checked that chocks and tiedowns where removed , they where , aircraft still would not move .
Decided to shut the aircraft and sim down , fired everything up reselected same aircraft , this time all worked as it should , outside sounds where back , aircraft could now taxi , so i can only assume that there was a sim connect issue , so anyone haveing similar issues , first try shutting down and restart your sim , to see if that fixes the issue , it did for me.
regards alan. 8)

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: FSXA issue

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Alan,

Yesterday I had a similar 'aircraft glued to the spot' experience in my Piper Cub. No matter how much throttle I put in, the plane was like welded to the ground. I had an old save for this plane, which I deleted. I exited the sim afterwords and restarted the flight again, all was behaving normal.
So my suggestion is to restart the sim or even the PC and try again the flight, before reinstalling certain stuff. When I plan to fly in FSX, I usually restart my PC if I had played something else or used another app. It is a sort of a habit, that I have build over the years.
(my sim - FSX with Acceleration)

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”