New store question - missing products

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

New store question - missing products

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,
Scott/Lewis, I was looking at the new A2A store. Looks fantastic.

I have a question though. Your earlier products such as the Spitfire, B377, B17G, P40, P47, Civillian and Military Mustang were all previously available as standalone and you could add accu-sim separately at a later stage if you wanted.

If this is yet to be added to the new format store then please disregard this post :)

What happened to the stand alone accu-sim purchases ? This would also affect people who might want to add accu-sim to a product purchases a while back. Of course, I guess they would contact you to ask but why it is not there in the shop was a worry.

I understand your ethos that more modern releases will have forced accu-sim because it is the most realistic experience so you want to ensure people always see that and have it synonymous with A2A. Totally understandable. I was disappointed to see older planes also have this have the accu-sim add on removed. Some people may still just want the plane without accu-sim as it drastically affects the cost.

Sure people here will say "why would you not want accu-sim etc", lets avoid that group-think mentality for a second, but it's about choice and the individual. I will say this though, it does make purchasing for a new client much easier, they will get a full A2A experience without having separate purchases.

The separate accu-sim products were previously available, I can understand not having new releases separate (as you have explained to me previously) but the choice for the older releases should still remain. I for one for example, prefer some planes without accu-sim. It reduces the price by a fair amount and we have accu-feel. Accu-feel is a must. It adds a lot to default planes AND non accu-sim A2A planes as well. THAT is an example of choice.

One could argue airfract factory fills this void but we have not had a release there for years.

Thank you for listening A2A. I know Scott is always keen to listen to customer feedback. Your company stands out, your products stand out. The best thing leading me to support A2A is no online activation / non intrusive DRM. THAT was the main thing for me and for that I thank you. I hope that does not change.

Thank you Scott and Lewis.

regards
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: New store question - missing products

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Styggron,

I'm glad you like the new A2A store.

With its launch, we've decided to include the Accu-Sim add-on packs with the warbirds and the Piper Cub. This brings them in line with the newer A2A products such as the GA fleet, and—as you mention—this should simplify things for new customers. This will be particularly true when the new warbird installers for Prepar3D v4 are released. In time, new installers should also arrive for the FSX warbirds too, and these will follow a similar logic of 'integrated Accu-Sim'.

Providing effective technical support and product updates is much easier with a consistent fleet of aircraft, and the new combined pricing actually represent better value-for-money for A2A's customers. I understand that only a very small minority of them chose to buy A2A's warbirds without the Accu-Sim packs, and those customers won't loose out under the new system.

When those first Accu-Sim packs were released several years ago, I guess none of the A2A guys knew just how popular and successful the technology would become. I'm only a very new member of the A2A team, but it's pretty clear to me after several years spent enjoying their products and helping on the forums here, that Accu-Sim has become an intrinsic part of the A2A brand. :)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”