The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Controllers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:22 pm 
Airman First Class

Hello All,

I have for a number of years been using the Logitech G940, which overall has served me well. The stick is pretty good and I have always been a fan of force feed back, so on this score changing to something without it is off putting. I've never really been overly impressed with the rudder pedals - not liking the central positioning indent which can lead to unsightly corrections during finals. My throttle is now also spiking quite irritatingly so flying the T6 for example is not very pleasant.

Anyway, kind of to the point...

I tried the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS at Fairford on Sunday (in DCS) and was suitably impressed with the quality and feel, although insufficient time to really settle-in with it. However, with the prospect of discount it is looking like a good time to replace my aging G940.

Secondly, I have really for a year or two been tempted by the MFG Crosswind rudder pedals and am sure these will be far superior to the G940's. The only thing I'm not so keen on is their apparent wide width.

Now really to the point...

I would love to hear from any of you using the Warthog HOTAS or MFG Crosswind pedals, e.g. your long term view of them with regards to their continued performance and reliability - have you experienced and issues or failure with either or any set-up headaches?
Would particularly appreciate any feedback from anyone who regularly use both of these together.

Thanks in advance! :D

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 32GB Corsair Vengence (LED) DDR4 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) | Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC | Corsair H115i | Samsung V-Nano 950 Pro M.2 NVM Express (256GB) | Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Full Tower

Post subject: Re: New Controllers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm 
Senior Airman

Hi Blitzer!

I had once had a 940 system about 4 years ago and sold them and put the money towards a warthog and opted for the Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. They have been used on a daily basis since then. I have not had a single problem with either. I do have to use a curve with the micro stick on the throttle when using it as a cursor for selecting radar targets or locking visual ground targets in DCS. Aside from that I use it straight up with no spiking or other issues. I do use the stick as a center mount in the cockpit with a 12 cm extension which I have found to be good for both fixed and rotary wings along with heavy birds. I would recommend one of these depending upon your setup as well. Very happy with my purchase

Kind Regards,

Brett