New webpage is up! :)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: New webpage is up! :)

Post by patful »

I did that immediately as well, bladerunner. The checkout page was already https though. I still get the orange exclamation point over the lock in the address bar anywhere on the site. They probably just need to encrypt the images or our names/addresses on the checkout page to make Firefox happy. I checked on Chrome, same thing.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ah yes. I get that orange triangle too. It warns me of mixed content, such as images probably unsecured.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

When my orders were moved from my old account to my new account, a couple of the older orders weren't transferred. Apparently, this was because those purchases were made using a different email address. I must have misunderstood the form as only referring to separate A2A Store accounts rather than separate email addresses associated with the same account. I filled out the form again with the email address for my old A2A Store account, the other email address that I believe was used for both of those older orders, and the email address for my new A2A Store account (which is the same as the email address for my old account). I hope I've done that properly and that all will work out smoothly now. Sorry for the misunderstanding and for the extra work I've created for you, Lewis.

BTW, when I go to the "Points" page on my account, it gives me the following message: "It looks like nothing was found at this location." I believe it was working earlier before my orders were transferred.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

bladerunner900 wrote:Ah yes. I get that orange triangle too. It warns me of mixed content, such as images probably unsecured.
At least these two images are called with http only:

Code: Select all

http://a2asimulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/logo.png
http://a2asimulations.com/wp-content/themes/a2a/images/home-icon.png
Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks guys - this is being looked into.

Nick

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

BPL wrote:...BTW, when I go to the "Points" page on my account, it gives me the following message: "It looks like nothing was found at this location." I believe it was working earlier before my orders were transferred.
Yes. Mine disappeared too. Probably all the tweaking they are doing to the new site but I think Lewis is on it. He will deserve a medal or something, after all this manual labour.

Steve.

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

bladerunner900 wrote:
BPL wrote:...BTW, when I go to the "Points" page on my account, it gives me the following message: "It looks like nothing was found at this location." I believe it was working earlier before my orders were transferred.
Yes. Mine disappeared too. Probably all the tweaking they are doing to the new site but I think Lewis is on it. He will deserve a medal or something, after all this manual labour.

Steve.
Indeed he will! Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this, Lewis! 8)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Lewis deserves a Lancaster, and Nick deserves a raise.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

patful wrote:Lewis deserves a Lancaster, and Nick deserves a raise.
I think we all deserve an Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster. :P

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote:
yes yes :mrgreen: I'll raise it at next weeks company meeting :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

While you are at it, could you please add a DH98 (I need a hight speed transportation for the WE) and an Avro Anson (to carry the golf clubs).
Many thanks!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:
Good luck with that and thanks again for all your effort, holding our hands and coaxing us into the future. :)

Steve.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:
Please do. Again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Like my 'ol pappy used to say, "I got mine! How you doin'?" :lol:

I logged on to the new A2A site yesterday afternoon, and was pleasantly surprised to find that all my A2A purchases had been migrated over from the old site! YES!! I made a copy of my A2A folder from C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\, and stashed that on a backup drive. Then I tried deleting my various A2A aircraft, both from the A2A folder and then from Programs and Features in the Control Panel. No joy. So I just deleted the entire A2A folder from C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A, and proceeded to download all the new and improved T-6, Comanche, and Connie for P3Dv4 from the new A2A site. Oh yeah, I started up P3Dv4 and shut it down before unzipping and installing my new A2A aircraft. Finally I opened up my saved A2A folder and my new A2A folder in C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A, and did microsurgery, which is to say, I copied over my custom texture files and additions to the corresponding aircraft.cfg files.

Everything is looking good, especially the improved external lighting on the T-6 and the Comanche!

Now all I need is my P-40 in P3Dv4... 8). Thank you A2A team, for all your hard work, both in this immediate conversion project, and in your overall pursuit (P-40 reference again) of perfection in computerized aircraft simulation!

Seeya
ATB

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

The entire site is now secure, no orange flags, got my 182 ordered, flying hours applied, and downloaded without a hitch. Thanks for the quick fix, the new store, and the discounts, guys!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”