How to repair simconnect

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

How to repair simconnect

Post by crippy »

Hi all, I've been getting the error "Flight simulator x simconnect error....restarting simconnect" at the top of the screen every now and again.

I am using P3Dv4

I'm not very similar to simconnect, can someone point me in the right direction of how to repair the simconnect?

Thank you!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: How to repair simconnect

Post by dvm »

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Note that you may get Simconnect errors if you load from saved flights with A2A aircraft. They may also occur if you reset flights and reload the aircraft without first ending the flight.

You can also try to reinstall Simconnect as provided with P3D in the following directory (Exact path will vary):

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vx\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Thank you both!

DVM, is that simconnect only for FSPassengers, or would that download work for Simconnect as a whole (Again, not similar with Simconnect)

Oracle427, That seems to be exactly what happens with some aircraft. I load a saved Non-default flight that uses an A2A plane. Some are fine, but for example in the constellation, the mixture levers, carb heat levers etc, no longer make any noise. This happened a while ago with the Comanche, and 182. I reinstalled the sim entire, and it went away. I will look in that directory you provided and try to find and run the Simconnect re-installer.

Thank you both! I'll update soon!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”