P3dV4 static objects.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

P3dV4 static objects.

Post by dvm »

I am having a issue with some of my static aircraft not showing up after I place them with ADE. Does anyone know the minimum specs for scenery objects. I am sure that this is the problem. I have in the past had to tweak these textures to make them work in FSX.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3dV4 static objects.

Post by crippy »

I know you can select different texture levels for each building to show up as in ADE, but that's about it.

You don't happen to know, how to transfer a building from Sketchup to ADE do you? I've tried and failed many times to put a custom building in the sim. Usually it just doesn't show up.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3dV4 static objects.

Post by dvm »

crippy wrote:I know you can select different texture levels for each building to show up as in ADE, but that's about it.

You don't happen to know, how to transfer a building from Sketchup to ADE do you? I've tried and failed many times to put a custom building in the sim. Usually it just doesn't show up.
Not sure how to add custom objects to ADE. As far as objects not showing up in the sim (P3dv4) I think it has to do with the bit depth of the object. I have a suspicion the reason some of my old fs9/fsx won't work is that they are 8 bit. An example is the fly tampa static aircraft work in FSX but not P3dv4. I have in the past had to convert some textures within an object file such as the tires to make the static plane show up with tires. My problem is that I figure out how to do something and then down the road forget the procedure (senior brain) and I have to figure it out all over again. Have you added ORBX libraries to ADE? I know ORBX frowns on this I think but I don't see how this steps on their toes if you add some static aircraft or vehicles to their scenery if you do not share it.

cheers

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”