Orbx May Sale!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Re: Orbx May Sale!

Post by Dreamsofwings »

ORBX and A2A revolutionised my sim. I consider both essential as a GA and warbird pilot.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

AKar wrote:
caleb1 wrote:I would *highly* recommend their PAVD Valdez airport in Alaska. My favorite one so far. It needs their Southern Alaska Region though, if you already have it, but if not, than you can buy it on their sale too! All Orbx's other Alaska Airports are very nice too.
Damn they should confirm another Alaska region already. :)

-Esa
Nice screenshots. I would like another Alaskan region too.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

Truthfully, If there was no A2A, Rex, or Orbx I would be spending a small fortune golfing in the summer and just trying to keep warm in the winter.
I remain immersed in this hobby because of these innovative companies products.
Few hobbies or sports are this inexpensive, while providing so many hours of enjoyment.
Thank you so very much.
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Raebo wrote:Truthfully, If there was no A2A, Rex, or Orbx I would be spending a small fortune golfing in the summer and just trying to keep warm in the winter.
I remain immersed in this hobby because of these innovative companies products.
Few hobbies or sports are this inexpensive, while providing so many hours of enjoyment.
Thank you so very much.
With FS (and its add-ons) it's a great hobby because most things you buy once you can enjoy infinitely without any further expenses.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Well now I own EVERYTHING except for Gold Coast. :-)

LouP

RolandBP
Airman

Post by RolandBP »

I bought the FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global Trees HD
I also bought the NZ North Island, the NZ South Island, the NZMF Milford Sound Airport, the NZQN Queenstown Airport and the EU England
Freeware: FTX Global EU Airport pack, AI Traffic Australia and New Zealand, AYEO Emmo Mission, Holgermesh Papua New Guinea.

While I was on this new spending spree, I decided to get Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Cloud Art and the A2A 1 x C172 Trainer.

I am still deciding on either the payware FS FlightControl, or the freeware Plan-G. I tried the FS FlightControl first so got fairly used to it, then tried Plan-G and became a little bit confused as to its merits over the payware version. Apart of course the fact that it was free.
So still undecided at this stage.

One further thing is for some reason FSX has now stopped loading - perhaps it became confused as to all the new add-ons?
No it was working fine while I was using the A2A J3 Piper Cub, flying around New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the southern portion of England.
Then when I went back to New Zealand I decided to swap the "Cub" for the A2A Piper Comanche, I had trouble flying it, so I closed the game down. But when I went to restart later after checking my Joystick settings, FSX would no longer start. :?
I have tried several fixes like un-installing several of my add-ons {both of the Active Sky programs and MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 - England and Wales Complete Country, which I tried originally before I bought the ORBX EU England pack. Anyway that did not help at all. :cry:

Hopefully I can find the answer as to why FSX will not start from scratch, although I found I can go into some of my saves and restart the game from there although it will not let me go and change an aircraft or a new place to fly from. :roll:

Back to Train Simulator in the meantime.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

RolandBP wrote:I bought the FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global Trees HD
I also bought the NZ North Island, the NZ South Island, the NZMF Milford Sound Airport, the NZQN Queenstown Airport and the EU England
Freeware: FTX Global EU Airport pack, AI Traffic Australia and New Zealand, AYEO Emmo Mission, Holgermesh Papua New Guinea.

While I was on this new spending spree, I decided to get Active Sky 2016 and Active Sky Cloud Art and the A2A 1 x C172 Trainer.

I am still deciding on either the payware FS FlightControl, or the freeware Plan-G. I tried the FS FlightControl first so got fairly used to it, then tried Plan-G and became a little bit confused as to its merits over the payware version. Apart of course the fact that it was free.

One further thing is for some reason FSX has now stopped loading - perhaps it became confused as to all the new add-ons?
No it was working fine while I was using the A2A J3 Piper Cub, flying around New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the southern portion of England.
Then when I went back to New Zealand I decided to swap the "Cub" for the A2A Piper Comanche, I had trouble flying it, so I closed the game down. But when I went to restart later after checking my Joystick settings, FSX would no longer start. :?
I have tried several fixes like un-installing several of my add-ons {both of the Active Sky programs and MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 - England and Wales Complete Country, which I tried originally before I bought the ORBX EU England pack. Anyway that did not help at all. :cry:

Hopefully I can find the answer as to why FSX will not start from scratch, although I found I can go into some of my saves and restart the game from there although it will not let me go and change an aircraft or a new place to fly from. :roll:

Hi Roland,

You can start a new thread here on the forum, explaining what exactly is failing, the error you get and your configuration. I am sure the forum community here will be able to help with guidance to overcome this irritating issue.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

RolandBP
Airman

Post by RolandBP »

LZ-WIL wrote:
RolandBP wrote:I bought the FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global Trees HD

Hi Roland,

You can start a new thread here on the forum, explaining what exactly is failing, the error you get and your configuration. I am sure the forum community here will be able to help with guidance to overcome this irritating issue.

Cheerz,
Will
Hi Will, that sounds like good suggestion. Thanks for your reply.

Roland.

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi All,

I use most of the FTX Global Range stuff an now I'm interested in NA Northern California . The question is: does this scenery improves visual navigation helpers ? The videos show mainly impressive mountains or rivers resolution and other nice stuff like that.But What's the improvment in term of VFR Navigation? Note that I don't talk about VFR tourism (which is a great thing too) but I'm a bit desapointed with the poor visibility of roads, highways, power lines from FTX Global vector and I'm wondering if "NA Northern California" improves these points.
Maybe someone could help me on that point ? :|
Marc

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

gnocgnoc wrote:Hi All,

I use most of the FTX Global Range stuff an now I'm interested in NA Northern California . The question is: does this scenery improves visual navigation helpers ? The videos show mainly impressive mountains or rivers resolution and other nice stuff like that.But What's the improvment in term of VFR Navigation? Note that I don't talk about VFR tourism (which is a great thing too) but I'm a bit desapointed with the poor visibility of roads, highways, power lines from FTX Global vector and I'm wondering if "NA Northern California" improves these points.
Maybe someone could help me on that point ? :|
The Orbx regions are perfect for this type of flying. I do it all the time, exclusively in California. I fly both types of IFR - the “I Follow Roads” type, and of course “Instrument Flying Rules”.
I use paper sectionals to navigate by, and recently I’ve ramped up my dead reckoning too. Stopwatch and visual clues to check predetermined legs is incredibly immersive and also no problem with these regions. The full Global package (Global, Vector, LC, mesh) should give you an approximate result, but the regions are always better.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

You can navigate reasonably well doing VFR in Orbx Regions. Powerline visibility is pretty good in forested areas, and larger roads are visibly larger.

My biggest criticism about the regions actually affects IFR flying mostly, their region-enhanced airports are not well up to date, and they tend to add annoying marker beacons all over the place regardless of whether such exist in reality.

-Esa

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Ok
Thank you guys.
Let's have a try then :wink:
Marc

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

gnocgnoc wrote:Ok
Thank you guys.
Let's have a try then :wink:
You won’t regret it! I have 4 regions so far and I love flying in them. But be careful it’s just as addicting as the A2A planes!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”