How does ATC in P3D compare to FSX?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
VH-MAL
Senior Airman

How does ATC in P3D compare to FSX?

Post by VH-MAL »

I worked in the Operations Branch of CAA (Civil Aviation Australia) for many years, so as a consequence I have always made full use of ATC in my flight simming - to the extent of full broadcasts into/out of non-controlled airports as well.

This is where IMHO, FSX shines, as the voices etc all seem very natural, especially compared to other sims.

Having used FSX since its inception (and many of its predecessors) it seems to me that FSX has almost run its course, and it may be time for me to "upgrade" to P3D.

I have seen many of the improvements it has to offer, but have not found much in the way of ATC interaction, and I am wondering how it compares to FSX.
I would be interested in your opinions.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Malcolm

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Re: How does ATC in P3D compare to FSX?

Post by Rimshot »

The ATC system in Prepar3D is the same as in FSX. I believe only minor changes were made to the display.
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Stafford Brown
Airman

Post by Stafford Brown »

It's the same in P3D which is fine because other sims don't offer much in ATC. You can always go with the ATC add-ons, seem to be becoming more popular.

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Thanks for the replies - truly appreciated.

That's another box ticked!

Malcolm

Stafford Brown
Airman

Post by Stafford Brown »

I made the jump to P3D v4 early March and I just LOVE it. I decided to go with Rex Sky Force since its an all in one package that includes basic real world weather injection.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”