SUGGESTION: Option Random age button for accusim aircraft.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Glider1
Airman

SUGGESTION: Option Random age button for accusim aircraft.

Post by Glider1 »

Hi there
One of the barriers to me buying the whole fleet of A2A accusim aircraft is that I know I will never ever get close to running up the hours necessary to simulate the wear and tear of an aircraft. I would only get to 1500hr engine overhaul unless I only ever fly one A2A plane in my life!

So I bork in buying A2A planes in bulk to add to my fleet because they will be unrealistically almost "brand new" for my entire simulation experience.

Could you add a random age button so that I could start flying an accusim plane at say the 1217hr mark already? That would make it a heap more interesting and I would be more keen to try and buy more of your accusim range of products.

Please consider this suggestion.

Caveats:
Is there already a way to do this without having to run up the hours by hard?
Is there a place to share A2A accusim files between online users so that I could swap someones aged A2A data files in their plane for my own?

Cheers, thanks in advance.

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Re: SUGGESTION: Option Random age button for accusim aircraf

Post by Eric. »

All of the GA planes have a feature to generate a used airplane (check everything in the hangar, often these are in no way safe to go flying in without some repairs). I believe the Texan also has it.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Eric is right. Go to the shift+3 menu and click "Used" then click "Ok". This should accomplish what you want.

Caleb
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Yep I do this for all my aircraft at first.

Cherokee came with around 600 hours, I think it is about to roll to 700 or 800 can't quite remember.
Skylane had over 1100 hours with low compression and all sorts of problems
Comanche had similar hours with low compression and some problems. Parts have worn out too on their own.

Also, the dirt level increases with aircraft age I think. If you take a 1000 hour used aircraft, and click complete overhaul it looks much cleaner.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

What would also be nice (not a new suggestion, but relevant here, so I'm "bumping" it) is an option for a rental or club aircraft, where you'd start it off with hours on it, then have other people fly it, and maybe abuse it, when you're not flying it. Even more incentive to do the walkaround, and a way to model a big part of the GA experience. Hope that can happen at some point.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Alan_A wrote:What would also be nice (not a new suggestion, but relevant here, so I'm "bumping" it) is an option for a rental or club aircraft, where you'd start it off with hours on it, then have other people fly it, and maybe abuse it, when you're not flying it. Even more incentive to do the walkaround, and a way to model a big part of the GA experience. Hope that can happen at some point.
I like this idea too. Maybe with the skill level for the "other pilots" an option so that if you select that they are good then they wont abuse it too badly. :D
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Glider1
Airman

Post by Glider1 »

Had no idea the used option existed. Amazing my blind spot on that. Thanks again.

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Club aircraft option would be nice. I'd also hope that the plane would be in a very random config, like flaps and trim. I'd also wish that when i fly MY airplane, the trim would stay where i left it. It resets everytime.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

yes that used option is a nice one, it'll give you a totally random aircraft, sometimes needing a little help right away sometimes not, but always pre-flight for sure after using that button!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

daveo132
Airman

Post by daveo132 »

Talk about hiding in "plane" sight........ :roll:

Can't believe I've missed that for so long!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”