Piper J-3 Cub for P3D?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
PaulD
Airman Basic

Piper J-3 Cub for P3D?

Post by PaulD »

I recently had to replace my computer, and the version of Windows the new one came with isn't compatible with FSX, so I've switched to P3D. I've been flying the Piper Comanche, which has been my favorite for some time now, but occasionally I long for the simplicity of the J-3 Cub. I just downloaded a fresh copy, but the installer is looking for FSX. So, two questions:

1. is there a way to point the installer to my P3D, v.4.2 Professional, and if so, would that work?

2. are there any plans to provide an installer for P3D for the cub?

Thanks in advance.

PaulD

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Piper J-3 Cub for P3D?

Post by bladerunner900 »

Some have had success with the J-3 in v4.2 but not me, only partial. Sounds were not working properly and no HEIDI. There are plans to re-do it for P3D but it will be a separate product and so you will have to buy it again.

Steve.

PaulD
Airman Basic

Post by PaulD »

Thanks Steve. That's what I was afraid of. I wouldn't want to experience only part of that great plane, so I guess I'll have to wait for the update.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

if you become impatient, FSX: Steam Edition is Windows 10 compatible.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

I run FSX Boxed and Steam (along with P3D v3 and v4) on Windows 10 and they both work fine...
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

CitMusJoe
Airman

Post by CitMusJoe »

bladerunner900 wrote:Some have had success with the J-3 in v4.2 but not me, only partial. Sounds were not working properly and no HEIDI. There are plans to re-do it for P3D but it will be a separate product and so you will have to buy it again.

Steve.
Thanks for the infos you posted, Steve.

I didn't read any announcment re. the J3 re-release or update/upgrade for P3D v4.x in other forum-threads pertaining the J3 for P3Dv4. But it also might be the case that I missed another thread. Can you please refer to it if it exists or at least a forum-search hint?

Thanks.

Josef
Joe

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The question of the Cub, Mustang and Spitfire specifically being upgraded for v4 was asked and confirmed at least once, in this thread.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 23&t=59912

There were more confirmations which seem to have been lost or, buried now as time has passed but basically, the whole FSX fleet will be getting updated sooner or later. Except perhaps for the Aircraft Factory line. Although, some of them already seem to be working for me in v4.

Steve.

CitMusJoe
Airman

Post by CitMusJoe »

Many thanks for your comprehensive infos and the link, Steve!
I'm very pleased to be able in some time to refill the hangar with my beloved Cub. :-)

Josef
Joe

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”