Another GA, aircraft?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Raebo
Airman First Class

Another GA, aircraft?

Post by Raebo »

Whats that 3 or 4 now in a row?
Ho hum.
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: Another GA, aircraft?

Post by tbaac »

Wasn't the T6 quite recent?

Although Scott can make anything sound exciting, his description of the V35 did made it sound quite good imho. I'd buy it on release day if it came out for FSW.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

Raebo wrote:Whats that 3 or 4 now in a row?
Ho hum.

Not at all. Since the last GA (Piper Comanche), we've had a warbird (T-6) and a classic propliner (Lockheed Constellation). I bought both of those upon release.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

The day the interest died.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I wish they would do a double release each time but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Just imagine an A2A release schedule comparable to just flight or carenado.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

For some, but not for me. Scott said warbirds are in A2A's blood, so more will be along by and by. The GA's generate a lot of revenue for A2A, so it makes sense for A2A to continue making them as well. In the meantime, ORBX has been happily taking all my money. :lol:
Last edited by batt on 08 Apr 2018, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Well I'm happy to see this plane; especially since they are making it realistic for its V tail, which means challenging.

I think it's pretty rude though to just post saying 'ho-hum'; the people (remember, they're people!) at A2A are working real hard to make super nice planes and the least we can do is be positive and polite.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Each aircraft we do is custom made in every respect. The very last thing we want to do here at A2A is to be like any other developer, especially the one's that "crank them out" quickly. Each aspect of our aircraft is matched to actual performance tables; much of it through actual flight test. I could go on and on about this but I'm sure most people in our A2A community are already aware of these things.
I would be the first one to say that an A2A airplane takes a long time to produce. It's the price one pays when the goal is perfection. Hell......we could crank them out faster yes, but at what cost in quality? It's simply not the A2A way.
So there will unfortunately be a few people who don't require our quality and desire to see us move more quickly. The only thing I can say to these few people is that we understand their feelings and hope they stay aboard. We like to think the wait is worth it and when we do release a product that product is something truly special.
This new Bonanza will be MUCH more than "just another GA release". It will carry with it to all who purchase it all that is new within the Accusim engine. It will be a GA single unlike any other available.
This Bo will NOT be your everyday GA aircraft.
Dudley Henriques

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Well for what it's worth, this guy is looking forward to it. ;-)

LouP

mike10
Senior Airman

Post by mike10 »

A2A is the only developer that makes study level GA planes and I buy their GA planes on release day. As far as warbirds go they are not my thing but they did two WW2 era planes in a row,I am sure they will do more

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

I can only speak for myself, I dont care how long it takes A2A to put out a new aircraft.
I have been supporting A2A since they started, and will continue to do so, Period.
We wait, get a teaser, We wait, get another teaser and continue to wait ( That's fine ) and then we get the ""Big Announcment"" Oh no it's another GA single showcasing more A2A inovations, don't get me wrong inovations are a good thing, But another GA single?
I mean I have owed busineses all my long life, ownership has but one responsibility, to be profitable.
If the world of aircraft simulation needs another Beech Bonanza ( Its hard to believe that it does ) then so be it.
I can only say for myself that I'm very disapointed, not in the new inovation's, but only in the choice of aircraft.
Maybe? what drives A2A these days is corporate sponsorship, the aircraft manufacturers and suppliers of aviation sundries have much deeper pockets than you and I.
Maybe the flight schools pay the freight now while you and I, the little guy's are no longer that relavant anymore, if that's the case then we get what they want like it or not.
I have been following A2A from the beginning, I can't recall ever being asked in a A2A survey what aircraft would we the little guy want to be built next, the last survey I can ever remember doing was for naming the stewardess on the B-377.
At the end of the day the ownership of A2A will do what ever they want to do, that it their right of ownership.
We can't however as consumers sit back and never speak up when we feel something is wrong, life is not like that nor should it be.
In my businesses we welcome constructive criticism from our customers, it's the only way we know how we are doing, and what changes need to be made.
It can't all be back slapping accolades all the time, sometimes the consumer feels that their needs are no longer being met, they/we the customer should be afforded the freedom to express our disapointment without being jumped on for being rude or disrespectful.
Hopefully I have been neither.
My goal here was to be informative, not insulting.
Cheer's
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I believe it is a little bit of both. I for one am fine with corporate sponsorship driving things if it means we get better quality products at the same price. Especially with them doing custom builds for commercial applications, and still releasing them to us for home use is a win win for everyone I feel. Realistically it isn't just another V35 Bonanza, but an Accusim V35 Bonanza. Having been around since the Shockwave days, and the original release of the 377 I have seen nothing but good come about with the involvement of the corporate sponsors. Quality keeps going up along with system depth and detail. I do agree good companies are open to criticism and Scott has always been one to take the good with the bad. My only complaint lately is all the secrecy surrounding stuff, but I get that it never helps to get the forum whipped up in to a frenzy when there is nothing to imminently release.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

n421nj wrote:I wish they would do a double release each time but unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case. Just imagine an A2A release schedule comparable to just flight or carenado.
I’ll take more time between releases to get the quality we get from A2A. I’ve flown some Carenado planes. They look pretty but the flight model and systems are usually garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Another GA, aircraft?

Post by Jacques »

I am actually intrigued by the Bonanza. I think this will prove to be an interesting and challenging study aircraft. Growing up in the middle of America in the 60's and already an avid plane spotter at age 8.. a sighting of a Bonanza overhead was always an exciting moment.
Last edited by Jacques on 08 Apr 2018, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

mike10
Senior Airman

Post by mike10 »

Raebo wrote:I can only speak for myself, I dont care how long it takes A2A to put out a new aircraft.
I have been supporting A2A since they started, and will continue to do so, Period.
We wait, get a teaser, We wait, get another teaser and continue to wait ( That's fine ) and then we get the ""Big Announcment"" Oh no it's another GA single showcasing more A2A inovations, don't get me wrong inovations are a good thing, But another GA single?
I mean I have owed busineses all my long life, ownership has but one responsibility, to be profitable.
If the world of aircraft simulation needs another Beech Bonanza ( Its hard to believe that it does ) then so be it.
I can only say for myself that I'm very disapointed, not in the new inovation's, but only in the choice of aircraft.
Maybe? what drives A2A these days is corporate sponsorship, the aircraft manufacturers and suppliers of aviation sundries have much deeper pockets than you and I.
Maybe the flight schools pay the freight now while you and I, the little guy's are no longer that relavant anymore, if that's the case then we get what they want like it or not.
I have been following A2A from the beginning, I can't recall ever being asked in a A2A survey what aircraft would we the little guy want to be built next, the last survey I can ever remember doing was for naming the stewardess on the B-377.
At the end of the day the ownership of A2A will do what ever they want to do, that it their right of ownership.
We can't however as consumers sit back and never speak up when we feel something is wrong, life is not like that nor should it be.
In my businesses we welcome constructive criticism from our customers, it's the only way we know how we are doing, and what changes need to be made.
It can't all be back slapping accolades all the time, sometimes the consumer feels that their needs are no longer being met, they/we the customer should be afforded the freedom to express our disapointment without being jumped on for being rude or disrespectful.
Hopefully I have been neither.
My goal here was to be informative, not insulting.
Cheer's

Who makes study level GA planes besides A2A??

Some of us became A2A fans Because of the GA planes. I have zero interest in WW2 planes and 50s airliners but I kept my opinion to myself and waited for the next GA release. Maybe the other plane they are working on is more to your liking and I will be then waiting for the next one.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”