The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by DHenriques_ »

We were thinking that something appealing to everyone who loves aviation might be in order for the next plane we do; a plane so graceful, so fast, and so modern looking that our fan base at A2A would salivate at the very thought of owning it; a plane so unbelievably superb in every respect that we'd have to be prepared to handle what would most certainly be a massive server crash as people swarmed to purchase this "secret plane in development."

Well, here it is. I can't contain myself or restrain myself from revealing it to you one moment longer. I hope by doing this it allows all of you the time necessary to save your money for this plane's purchase.

So are you ready?
Can you handle the news?
On the count of three.....
One............
Two............
THREE !!!

Ta Da............YOUR new super secret under development plane.........................

The TRANSAVIA PL-12 AIRTRUCK !!!!!!!!!

Dudley Henriques

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:We were thinking that something appealing to everyone who loves aviation might be in order for the next plane we do; a plane so graceful, so fast, and so modern looking that our fan base at A2A would salivate at the very thought of owning it; a plane so unbelievably superb in every respect that we'd have to be prepared to handle what would most certainly be a massive server crash as people swarmed to purchase this "secret plane in development."

Well, here it is. I can't contain myself or restrain myself from revealing it to you one moment longer. I hope by doing this it allows all of you the time necessary to save your money for this plane's purchase.

So are you ready?
Can you handle the news?
One............
Two............
THREE !!!

Ta Da............YOUR new super secret under development plane.........................

Dudley Henriques

Oh Dang, I thought you were going to say Cri Cri :mrgreen: New to Accusim...launching from a car! :lol:

I wonder what the single engine service ceiling is on a Cri Cri? It is like what is the minimal amount of horsepower and lift required to keep a human being aloft.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

pilottj wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:We were thinking that something appealing to everyone who loves aviation might be in order for the next plane we do; a plane so graceful, so fast, and so modern looking that our fan base at A2A would salivate at the very thought of owning it; a plane so unbelievably superb in every respect that we'd have to be prepared to handle what would most certainly be a massive server crash as people swarmed to purchase this "secret plane in development."

So are you ready?
Can you handle the news?
One............
Two............
THREE !!!

Dudley Henriques

Oh Dang, I thought you were going to say Cri Cri :mrgreen: New to Accusim...launching from a car! :lol:

I wonder what the single engine service ceiling is on a Cri Cri? It is like what is the minimal amount of horsepower and lift required to keep a human being aloft.

Cheers
TJ
Horsepower indirectly for an airplane but lift is the better way to look at that equation. (Think glider for example).
The ultimate answer would involve the speed required to produce the lift required to keep a specific weight aloft.
Dudley Henriques

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

I don't know if he's joking or not lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-asgD0s5Ss

LouP

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

True, tho the caveat of the glider is that you are relying on an outside power source (thermals via the sun). But the Cri Cri is kind of an interesting experiment in minimal amount of lift and internal power required to create "practical" aircraft that can transport you from A to B. I think each engine on the Cri Cri is 15hp, so with roughly the power of a riding lawnmower, you have a twin that will move you along at 100kts on 30hp.

I am sure there are modern composite designs that are even more efficient.

You might find this design interesting Dudley, it is the Electroflight P1E, a high performance electrically powered airplane. The electric power enables them to really take advantage of the contra rotating prop. We are probably a ways off until battery densities can provide reasonable endurance. But as we are seeing in the automotive world, ie Tesla, these possibilities are becoming reality as we speak. I think the potential of this concept is quite amazing. An electric airplane that can potentially compete with the Lancairs and Glassairs at Reno is intriguing. That technology will make it's way to GA at somepoint, hopefully seeing practical electric powered GA designs. Still a ways off, but I think it will be inevitable.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

pilottj wrote:True, tho the caveat of the glider is that you are relying on an outside power source (thermals via the sun). But the Cri Cri is kind of an interesting experiment in minimal amount of lift and internal power required to create "practical" aircraft that can transport you from A to B. I think each engine on the Cri Cri is 15hp, so with roughly the power of a riding lawnmower, you have a twin that will move you along at 100kts on 30hp.

I am sure there are modern composite designs that are even more efficient.

You might find this design interesting Dudley, it is the Electroflight P1E, a high performance electrically powered airplane. The electric power enables them to really take advantage of the contra rotating prop. We are probably a ways off until battery densities can provide reasonable endurance. But as we are seeing in the automotive world, ie Tesla, these possibilities are becoming reality as we speak. I think the potential of this concept is quite amazing. An electric airplane that can potentially compete with the Lancairs and Glassairs at Reno is intriguing. That technology will make it's way to GA at somepoint, hopefully seeing practical electric powered GA designs. Still a ways off, but I think it will be inevitable.

Cheers
TJ

You're right. It's a fascinating project with huge potential.
Of special interest to me anyway is their experimental setup to explore contra-rotating prop technology. The flow interference between CR props has always been a concern and getting them exactly right linearly will make a huge difference and a much improved installation.
The aircraft itself is beautiful. Wishing them all the luck with their work.
Dudley Henriques

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Let’s keep the flame alive:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5959910364
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

It's got to be a military plane.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Darn, I had my heart set on this yellow beauty. We can hope it is in the queue.

Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I didn't note the mention of this electro-thing earlier. These projects are indeed fascinating. I do smell the inevitable future here, however, I would be the first one to say that the time for all-electric airplane is not here yet, and even farther away than that of all-electric cars is. But the progress is faster than ever before and technologies that have potential to make this sound are here now. Guys like these know this, and pioneer this stuff like those on the early days of aviation. I like it! :)

-Esa

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

So are you ready?
Can you handle the news?
One............
Two............
THREE !!!

Dudley Henriques
Obviously a joke
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

n421nj wrote:

So are you ready?
Can you handle the news?
One............
Two............
THREE !!!

Dudley Henriques
Obviously a joke

You have indeed successfully broken the code !

DH

Naki
Airman

Post by Naki »

Nobody read A2As Facebook page? It confirmed the new aircraft uses JP fuel so presumably it’s a jet, turboprop or Diesel engined aircraft. I’m picking a T-6 Texan 11.

Just rechecked the Facebook pages and it seems those comments have disappeared..maybe I was imagining it. :shock:

There was also talk that a small tail dragger maybe also a possibility as that’s the next real aircraft purchase after they sell the Comanche.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Naki wrote:Nobody read A2As Facebook page? It confirmed the new aircraft uses JP fuel so presumably it’s a jet, turboprop or Diesel engined aircraft. I’m picking a T-6 Texan 11.

Just rechecked the Facebook pages and it seems those comments have disappeared..maybe I was imagining it. :shock:

There was also talk that a small tail dragger maybe also a possibility as that’s the next real aircraft purchase after they sell the Comanche.
I saw that too and the comments are still on the Facebook page. Scott also mentioned that he hopes to be able to share some more details soon. So we’ll see!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AmazonChitlin
Airman

Post by AmazonChitlin »

Turbine..how about. YB-49? Go big or go home!

https://youtu.be/kuIFvNA1UgU[img]https: ... adf71c.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”