The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote: The speed of 90 kts is simply not a speed for an ordinary jet - even a slow one.
Except for the U2 of course :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
AKar wrote: The speed of 90 kts is simply not a speed for an ordinary jet - even a slow one.
Except for the U2 of course :wink:
Of course. :mrgreen:

I was actually expecting a turbo-normalized engine option for Bonanza since the type was effectively confirmed - or at least when a single-engine release before the eventual twin effectively was. It appears that it won't be the case, but we will carry on with tried and tested natural aspirated engine simulation. I don't mind at all another great single, but if speaking in terms of differentiating the products, that would have been an obvious way to study deeper into the piston engine tech before going into the twin world.

It would make a plausible option to me that this mystery airplane will be a turbocharged high-performance general aviation airplane. However, this talk about new release channel, instead of the traditional Accu-Sim release, kind of sets all up for a special release instead of simply continuing the lineup.

-Esa

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

We have oxygen on all the warbirds I’m gonna say the new engine is not oxygen but an actual engine. Either turbo/prop or turbo/jet
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Another guess of mine is that is could be a Pilatus of some kind. 90 knots makes sense for a slow speed and it can certainly reach 18,000. The only questionable thing is would a Pilatus have oxygen mask noises?
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

A PC6, 9, or 21 would.

Barfly
Airman Basic

Post by Barfly »

My guess is a depressurization training event, in some kind of pressurized straight wing aircraft, civilian, possible one of the new, single engine light jets. Really too slow for any kind of military aircraft.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

My guess is the plane climbs at 4500 ft per minute. After watching the video more, it seems it takes 4:00 to reach 18,000 ft then “Level off” at 90 kts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote: I was actually expecting a turbo-normalized engine option for Bonanza since the type was effectively confirmed - or at least when a single-engine release before the eventual twin effectively was. It appears that it won't be the case, but we will carry on with tried and tested natural aspirated engine simulation. I don't mind at all another great single, but if speaking in terms of differentiating the products, that would have been an obvious way to study deeper into the piston engine tech before going into the twin world.
Is it already confirmed that there won’t be a turbo-normalized engine option for the Bonanza? If so I must have missed it. What will the three engine options be then if one of them won’t be turbo normalized?

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
AKar wrote:I was actually expecting a turbo-normalized engine option for Bonanza since the type was effectively confirmed - or at least when a single-engine release before the eventual twin effectively was. It appears that it won't be the case, but we will carry on with tried and tested natural aspirated engine simulation. I don't mind at all another great single, but if speaking in terms of differentiating the products, that would have been an obvious way to study deeper into the piston engine tech before going into the twin world.
Is it already confirmed that there won’t be a turbo-normalized engine option for the Bonanza? If so I must have missed it. What will the three engine options be then if one of them won’t be turbo normalized?
It was mentioned that it will not be "turbocharged". My guess would be that this will include turbo-normalizing as it is very much the same thing. It hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge, though.

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote:It was mentioned that it will not be "turbocharged". My guess would be that this will include turbo-normalizing as it is very much the same thing. It hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge, though.
I saw Scott’s post where he said it won’t be turbocharged but I guess I didn’t rule out turbo-normalized from that. But I see what you mean. It basically is the same. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Thank you

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Yeah, I just believe that would have been an obvious place to mention if turbo-normalizing was an option.

-Esa

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Erik

A60 Duke it is then!!

: max climb 4000/min ..... 18,000 after ~4min
: "move on" from piston to turbo, a logical progression for Scott
: opportunity gap and popular demand left by the brilliant RealAir (with their passion and integrity, if you shut shop, who would you trust to keep their baby, the Turbo Duke, in best shape?)
: then I'd need oxygen too!

Rod EGBB

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

rod321 wrote:Hi Erik

A60 Duke it is then!!

: max climb 4000/min ..... 18,000 after ~4min
: "move on" from piston to turbo, a logical progression for Scott
: opportunity gap and popular demand left by the brilliant RealAir (with their passion and integrity, if you shut shop, who would you trust to keep their baby, the Turbo Duke, in best shape?)
: then I'd need oxygen too!

Rod EGBB
Couple of 'buts' ;):
  • - Duke is pressurized, no need for masks in normal ops;
    - Dukes are born with piston engines, this turbine variant popularized by RealAir is an extensive STC modification - not sure how many of Dukes were converted;
    - the type would be B60, the STC is not applicable to the A60.
-Esa

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks Esa

"drats, drats and triple drats!!!"

I genuinely enjoyed the info you supplied ..... its been filed ..... ya live 'n learn, if yer truly lucky

Maybe it was some sort of spontaneous and emergency dental surgery needing oxygen in a B60 Duke ...... ya live in hope, if yer profoundly wise

Hope creates opportunities

Opportunites create goals! (except for Aston Villa)

Rod EGBB

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Speaking of Duke, it is an interesting aircraft, from the very top end of the GA twin lineup. It is a heavy aircraft with relatively large wing loading, and very good handling with both engines operating according to the guys who flew ones. It is, however, technically complex and expensive to keep up, and is powered by notoriously troublesome Lycoming TIO-541-E1C engines (no counter-rotating engines in this one!) of 380 horsepower each. Against a common misconception, it is not particularly fast airplane, at least for installed horsepower, due to relatively draggy design.

It is actually a little bit shame that the exceedingly rare turbine modification that RealAir reproduced in relatively arcade way took essentially all the attention on this interesting type. Duke, no matter if with pistons or turbines, would deserve a study level simulation due to all the complexities and issues that come with such an aircraft begging to be simulated.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”