The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Sounds great Scott. I’m glad your trip was successful!

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

It sounds like some interesting times ahead. :)
Scott - A2A wrote:In the meantime, the Bonanza is still getting great attention from our beta team. They are holding our feet to the fire as usual.
Do you think they will thumb-up the first set of preliminary screenshots soon? ;)

-Esa

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The Bo cockpit is looking better every day, so screens are getting closer, yes.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Sounds great Scott. I’m glad your trip was successful!
Did somebody say "great Scott"?

Sorry, but very curious what all is up! And another vote for the Texan II. :D
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Scott - A2A wrote:The Bo cockpit is looking better every day, so screens are getting closer, yes.

Scott.
Fantastic news, looking forward to it. Also congratulations on expanding your company well beyond it's 'Flight sim hobbyist' roots into the professional flight training realm. Quite a jump from the Shockwave days eh? :D

Cheers,
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The new mystry aircraft will most likly have a NEW TURBINE ENGINE hence the updated accu sim physics after reading PC Pilot today.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

plicpriest1
Airman

Post by plicpriest1 »

Link?

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

PCPilot

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

speedy70 wrote:PCPilot
Just bought a digital copy of issue n°116 on their website, turbine it is

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Outstanding!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Okay, then would it be a turbofan, turbojet, turboprop, or other? :D Regardless... interesting times ahead! :)

As a sidenote, there is a line that catches my attention in the capture above.
[color=#40FFFF][b]Scott Gentile[/b][/color] wrote:This is a very difficult question to answer because our plans are in constant motion. In this world, it's the flexible company that survives and thrives and no the static uni-directional approach of the past that succeeds. So we are very careful to not speak publicly about our existing plans until a product is in beta testing, because until that point, even we don't know if it will make it to the market.
Thumbs-up from me! :) Yet, there is a hint of a limitation of this approach above. It is the sheer complexity of the aircraft that are up in the food chain these days, especially where we get into...continuous combustion engines.

So far Accu-Sim has thrived on building up bottom-up, creating the Accu-sim and building up on it. When the complexity runs up, however, the problem becomes that of commitment. Sourcing the info, modeling it, testing it and validating the results becomes a long, long process in what comes to very complex aircraft. Years long. A2A's pace of study, to me, suggests a proper study level sim, building bottom-up. Hopping in between products that seem viable seems like either filtering the study level depth relatively shallow, or wasting unnecessary resources to the projects that never mature.

The Accu-sim twin was all but announced several years back in forum discussions. I have an impression of that pending any development news or any actual announcement were put on hold for not being ready for this as of yet kind of reason, but wanting to proceed with further single on the GA lineup. Which seem sensible in the context of bottom-up approach.

Is there a risk that unexpected opportunities will distort the bottom-up based foundation, in developing the new simulations from top-down approach instead, a long-time follower might ask. :) Are we shedding yet another product line some time in the future, with different depth-of-simulation target?

-Esa

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Hmm...there are five flying T-33s in Texas...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Very interesting stuff. An A2A jet would be amazing.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

An Accusim jet would be great, so it now appears that earlier projects might now go ahead. But can we get the Bonanza finished and released first, please?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tutmeister »

On the assumption that we know it is turbine of some sort and based on stalling speed from previous videos and that it has to be a 2 seater as slot of people have surmised it is possibly a t33. So I thought this might be a good read for anyone interested in t33s. Great article by Barry Schiff, includes a video too.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... ilot/f_t33

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”