A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by awash2002 »

I can't wait to get this V35B

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Medtner wrote:Good grief, no! I'd prefer an analogue tachometer. Can't stand the digital ones.
IIUC, Most planes have both. :)
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Metner, I think what you are saying is fair, but I like having both a digital and analog tach in the Comanche as you look to the analog during most changes, and then refer to the digital one for final precise tuning. If you took the analog gauge away, then the digital one would be annoying unless it had some very clear physical representation with colors of the RPM.

Just a little update on the Accu-Sim v-tail Bonanza. We're closing in on beta that should be started in a week or less. Robert Rogalski, aside from being an incredible 3d artist, also designs our maintenance hangar. For the Bonanza, when you enter the maintenance hangar you can still immediately perform certain tasks and mods (change battery, tires, etc.), but there will be no automatic inspection. As in real life, you have to make a decision to inspect the airplane, and then decide on what repairs need to be made.

So when you enter, it will essentially just be you and your airplane, just like a real hangar. If you choose too, you can now choose to INSPECT the airplane, which is the same as an annual inspection. This will then show you any issues with the written report. If you wish, you can just click REPAIR to fix everything or you can decide individually what do fix. The REPAIR does just that, repairs anything in need of service. Additionally, you can independently decide at the right time to OVERHAUL your engine, which resets the time since major overhaul in the books. We are also considering some other very interesting options we need to test first before announcing.

With the new avionics coming in for an even deeper experience, we did this so you can just operate your airplane and visit the maintenance hangar without exposing any flaws. This way you can only choose to inspect the airplane when you, as the owner and operator, have a reason too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Scott I plan on doing a annual inspection every year or 100 hours and I'm not going to tough the engine until 2 to 3 hundred hours past TBO like 2200 or 2300 hours

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

So looking forward to it! \o/

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Oh wow. I’m already loving the new maintenance hangar feature. Something that a couple of people on the forum including myself have hoped and asked for for a while. I think what I found the most difficult with the current maintenance hangar was to go in and swap wheelpants or tip tanks without seeing what all was wrong with the plane. From what you describe Scott the Bonanzas hangar will make this so much easier. That is awesome! It’ll take the “owning and operating” part to a new level in my opinion.

Thank you very much for the update. I truly cannot wait for this beauty.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote: Robert Rogalski, aside from being an incredible 3d artist, also designs our maintenance hangar. For the Bonanza, when you enter the maintenance hangar you can still immediately perform certain tasks and mods (change battery, tires, etc.), but there will be no automatic inspection. As in real life, you have to make a decision to inspect the airplane, and then decide on what repairs need to be made.
Guess who's happy! :D This release appears to clear the table of many big wishes I've had around since 172. :)
Medtner wrote:No to digital instruments (unless we can choose).
Having been involved with various kinds of instrumentation and monitoring equipment in different circumstances not only related to aircraft instruments, personally I think numerical indicators kind of grow on you. At least in my case they have. Often, the situation is such that you know the ballpark of the acceptable value, and the precise target value. At least my brain works faster interpreting a number than a gauge. Examples of this would include engine RPM with constant speed prop, manifold pressure etc. If having the choice, in most circumstances I end up primarily looking the numerical indication due to its accuracy. The opposite would be true for values that move around dynamically, because my brain averages better a gauge than a jumping number. An example would be an airspeed indicator, or an RPM gauge with fixed-pitch prop, where there are no real meaningful fixed values unlike with the constant speed one.

Digital instrumentation allows for having the best of both worlds, though. I best cases, this would mean a customizable combination of analog-like cues and precise numerical value.

-Esa

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Re. Analog vs Digital Instruments
I remember - in the sixties/seventies I think - that Citroën brought a version with a linear tachometre and other ‚digital‘ instruments. The went back to analog displays very quickly! Nobody liked them.

I totally agree with Medtner here: In most cases, you do not need the precise info, just the trend or the ballpark info will do. Like on my watch: I‘m not interested most of the times to know that it is 14 minutes to 1; what I want to know is, it‘s about a quarter to 1 (of course, when I go to the subway, I need exact numbers because I dawdle..).
My dream would be a glass instrument that shows both the ‚ballpark‘ info and the precise numbers AT A GLANCE(!). I think the discussion here is what you want to ‚see‘ at a glance when you‘re scanning the 6 main instruments, trends, ‚areas of height‘ and speed, ...
For me, a very successful combination instrument is the artificial horizon within the glass cockpit. Itworks like an analog display in that it shows the relevant info at a glance and more precise data when you look closer.

Anyway, this entire discussion serves to pass the time! What we‘re really saying is: WHEN WILL THE NEW PLANES BE ON MY PC!
Ah well. It is May, the birds and the bees are flying, the trees are green,... let‘s go to the Biergarten (i gess everyone knows what that means). There‘s almost no better way to spend the time than by having a beer and a cheese with friends. I could almost forget that I have a PC, too.
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

vtracy wrote:Re. Analog vs Digital Instruments

Ah well. It is May, the birds and the bees are flying, the trees are green,... let‘s go to the Biergarten (i gess everyone knows what that means).
It's cold (by Adelaide standards), blowing and raining (but truth be told, we need it after six months of not much...). I'll have your Bonanza while you're not needing it. You might not get it back though. :P
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

@Mickel,
what, you want to steal my Bonanza?! I‘ll chase you with my Me 109(K Model!).
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

vtracy wrote: ...Ah well. It is May, the birds and the bees are flying, the trees are green,... let‘s go to the Biergarten...
Great idea. I think I’ll do that too!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
vtracy wrote: ...Ah well. It is May, the birds and the bees are flying, the trees are green,... let‘s go to the Biergarten...
Great idea. I think I’ll do that too!
I'm absolutely with you. :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

vtracy wrote:There‘s almost no better way to spend the time than by having a beer and a cheese with friends. I could almost forget that I have a PC, too.
Volker
Oh how true is that, here spending my unused winter vacation days off, in exceptionally nice weather for early May here in southern Finland. Add to that my first radial experience in-flight yesterday (not sure how I can have sinned that much to miss it this long!), onboard a nicely restored DC-3. :) Finally, the summer is here!

-Esa

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

AKar wrote:Oh how true is that, here spending my unused winter vacation days off, in exceptionally nice weather for early May here in southern Finland. Add to that my first radial experience in-flight yesterday (not sure how I can have sinned that much to miss it this long!), onboard a nicely restored DC-3. :) Finally, the summer is here!

Man that is a tough one to decide between a nice cold beer and a flight in a DC3 (not) :wink: Great picture Esa and I have to say I envy you a little since I never got to fly/ride in a DC3. I hope it was a great experience. Did you get any cockpit/stick time?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

For the Bonanza, when you enter the maintenance hangar you can still immediately perform certain tasks and mods (change battery, tires, etc.), but there will be no automatic inspection.
Scott and team,

Do you guys plan to have this new hangar feature for the rest of the GA fleet? Thanks!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”