A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by Piper_EEWL »

LZ-WIL wrote: Do you guys plan to have this new hangar feature for the rest of the GA fleet? Thanks!
I didn’t dare to ask but I’d love that too!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Man that is a tough one to decide between a nice cold beer and a flight in a DC3 (not) :wink: Great picture Esa and I have to say I envy you a little since I never got to fly/ride in a DC3. I hope it was a great experience. Did you get any cockpit/stick time?
Why do you think a nice cold beer and a flight in a DC-3 would exclude each other? :D They have their designated pilots, but I take the beer as a luxury of being a passenger. ;) When I have a chance to participate a longer time I might hang around behind the cockpit a bit.

There is this amazing association here that keeps up this DC-3, consisting for a big part of professional or retired aviation folks. Anyone can join the association for a cost of mere 30 €/year for full membership, and is then eligible to join the flights they arrange for a price of the cost share of a single flight, in turn depending on the flight in question (a quick 20 min sightseeing flight around Helsinki sets one back only 60 €).

I would be more than happy to see more of this kind of associations preserving the way of travel of bygone days, while keeping it accessible to anyone. A great experience even for someone who thinks his cup is full of (modern) aviation - and best of all, it doesn't have to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing as long as they keep up. :)

-Esa

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

BTW:
The pic in my profile is a clip from a larger one taken when visiting the Kent Battle of Britain Museum.
Had a long walk around with one of the caretakers/guides. At the end, I asked him if I could have a pic with him. He said Yes and went to one of the Hurricanes on the lawn. For anyone ever near the museum: Don‘t go there! It is much too much pain to have your fingers itching alle time, what with so many cockpits, MGs, artifacts,... right in front of you ... and you can‘t touch them.

For my German compatriots: They even have the remains of the 109E that crashlanded in the Kent marshes piloted by Lt. Ulrich Steinhilper. He wrote several books about the last hours of his fight, the crash. POW experience, and his life before joining the Luftwaffe. Turned out he was a fellow-IBMer during the very first years of my time with the company, way back in the sixties...

The museum is definitely worth a detour; I‘ll go back there during my next stay in Sussex, in Summer.
Volker
Last edited by vtracy on 10 May 2018, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

LZ-WIL wrote:
For the Bonanza, when you enter the maintenance hangar you can still immediately perform certain tasks and mods (change battery, tires, etc.), but there will be no automatic inspection.
Scott and team,

Do you guys plan to have this new hangar feature for the rest of the GA fleet? Thanks!

Cheerz,
Will
Yes, is this being considered?

Also Scott, you say that the Bonanza is going to enter beta testing soon. How long does beta testing usually take? Are we still looking at a Decemberish release or is it going to be sooner?

Thanks
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

LZ-WIL wrote:
Scott and team,

Do you guys plan to have this new hangar feature for the rest of the GA fleet? Thanks!
Well, we are literally implementing this feature right now (working on new sounds atm) for beta. It's not an easy thing to roll out, as the 2d panel part of this system is outside our core Accu-Sim engine, so it's done on a per airplane basis, but yes it's fair to say we all want this feature in all planes. We just have to see how the work load is after the Bonanza is out.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote:Metner, I think what you are saying is fair, but I like having both a digital and analog tach in the Comanche as you look to the analog during most changes, and then refer to the digital one for final precise tuning. If you took the analog gauge away, then the digital one would be annoying unless it had some very clear physical representation with colors of the RPM.

Scott.
We're in agreement - I was talking about having a digital tach alone. Having both is great for the very reasons you mentioned. :-)

Great news about the inspection-part of the hangar, it has been really high on my wish list.

Now, how about implementing "rental-plane mode"? Where the hours on a particular plane will build when you're not flying it, with all kinds of unknown variables - how do the other pilots fly it; how well maintained is it; preflighting. That would be all kinds of awesome. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Medtner wrote:Now, how about implementing "rental-plane mode"? Where the hours on a particular plane will build when you're not flying it, with all kinds of unknown variables - how do the other pilots fly it; how well maintained is it; preflighting. That would be all kinds of awesome. :-)
+1
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Scott - A2A wrote:
LZ-WIL wrote:
Scott and team,

Well, we are literally implementing this feature right now (working on new sounds atm) for beta. It's not an easy thing to roll out, as the 2d panel part of this system is outside our core Accu-Sim engine, so it's done on a per airplane basis, but yes it's fair to say we all want this feature in all planes. We just have to see how the work load is after the Bonanza is out.

Scott.
:shock: Outstanding! Thanks Scott!

Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Great to hear! Can't wait for the Bonnie. Now that we know one of the projects is there any chance we'll see something definite regarding the other one in the not too distant future?

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

vtracy wrote:@Mickel,
what, you want to steal my Bonanza?! I‘ll chase you with my Me 109(K Model!).
Volker
hey I got a P-51 that can do things to. catch an airplane crook and an Me109 at the same time. lol

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you for the update Scott!
Seeya
ATB

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

@cessna lover,
you should have noted the model of the 109! The K model could take it up with the P-51 (just...).
But of course, I have my trusty old Me 262 up my sleeve...
(But it‘s really no particular thing to fly her; it‘s just push in the throttles(ever so slooowly) and then pull up into the sky. No torque, no preception, no growl of engine, just speed. Hmpf.
Isn‘t it wonderful that we all can experience the most wonderful planes of their times, across nationalities?! I get to fly a Spit, or a Mustang, and you to experience what trouble you can get in when accelerating a 109 too fast...
Thank you to A2A, for making it happen!
Volker

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

true I did forget to mention the model of plane. but when the ammo starts flowing does model type really matter? :lol: he who shoots first is the victor :twisted:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

AKar wrote:
There is this amazing association here that keeps up this DC-3, consisting for a big part of professional or retired aviation folks. Anyone can join the association for a cost of mere 30 €/year for full membership, and is then eligible to join the flights they arrange for a price of the cost share of a single flight, in turn depending on the flight in question (a quick 20 min sightseeing flight around Helsinki sets one back only 60 €).

I would be more than happy to see more of this kind of associations preserving the way of travel of bygone days, while keeping it accessible to anyone. A great experience even for someone who thinks his cup is full of (modern) aviation - and best of all, it doesn't have to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing as long as they keep up. :)

-Esa
Was it this one, by any chance?

Agree that's a great system for funding the aircraft and keeping it accessible at the same time - would love to see it adopted elsewhere.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

@cessna lover,

‚dead right‘!
Volker

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”