A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by Mickel »

According to Wiki, the structural principles in the Tri-motor were borrowed from Prof Junkers work, but not the Ju-52 specifically, since Tri-motor pre-dated it. Three engined and/or corrugated skinned aircraft weren't that uncommon at the time, so 'copying' is probably reading too much into it.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

@cessna lover,
the Junkers Ju-52 was the first all-metal airplane.
Here are the details: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_52
The sound of the - not always synchronized - engines is beautiful!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ah ok thank you sir. I will have to get to that some other time. mother natures not letting me on the computer very long today. thunder storms and all are coming today. so I can't even get on the flight sim today :cry:

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

hey, come to Munich! Sunshine, beer,... and the Deutsches Museum, with many original oldtimers from both wars and later (Fokker doubledecker, Me 109, Me 262, F-104, Phantom, Mig-15, Do-VTOL,...)
It is a lot of fun! Look it up in yr search engine.
The rest of the museum is so big, it takes days just to see all.

...and of course, the Oktoberfest...

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:shock: I wish I could but shoot I can't even afford to go the next state here in my country let alone go to another country. besides isn't Munich in Germany? I don't know how to speak German. I do good enough with english :lol:

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

cessna lover wrote::shock: I wish I could but shoot I can't even afford to go the next state here in my country let alone go to another country. besides isn't Munich in Germany? I don't know how to speak German. I do good enough with english :lol:
Don’t worry. You’ll do fine with English here :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:lol: if I could go there. that's a long way from me. I live in Ohio USA guys.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

there are charter flights from US to EU! It‘s woth the trip.;-)

http://www.deutsches-museum.de/en/flugw ... hibitions/
You can even have a guided tour in English (not: American, hi hi).
Volker

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

vtracy wrote:hey, come to Munich! Sunshine, beer,... and the Deutsches Museum, with many original oldtimers from both wars and later (Fokker doubledecker, Me 109, Me 262, F-104, Phantom, Mig-15, Do-VTOL,...)
It is a lot of fun! Look it up in yr search engine.
The rest of the museum is so big, it takes days just to see all.

...and of course, the Oktoberfest...
My wife and I did a Rick Steve's tour a in 2012. Rick called it the "Best of Europe in 21 Days." I called it the 21-Day Blitz. We started in Amsterdam and worked our way into Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, then France. Way too many cathedrals and art museums, but the food was great. The coolest thing I saw on the whole tour: It was a beautiful Fall day and we were at that Neuschwanstein Castle, right near the main entrance. I heard a sound like three Cessna 195s flying in close formation, looked up and saw a very shiny Ju 52 overheard! Cool!!

On the day we were in Munich, they took us to Dachau. Yes, very heavy duty. Next they were going to take us to another art museum. Somebody in our group noted that this is the week of Oktoberfest and we threatened to mutiny until the took us there. What a blast!! I got a really cool white and blue tee-shirt. If we ever go back to Europe I would like to use Paris as a basecamp. I'd rent a motorcycle and ride it over the mountains to Munich, where I'd meet up with my pal Lutz and go see some of the non-art Museums there.

Obligatory A2A content: I'm looking forward to the Bonanza, and the Civ Mustang.

Seeya
ATB

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

...just to give you an idea...
(thanks to yelp and the private contributors of the pics)
You want to see the development of the ejector seat? they have 5 of them, all originals.
You want to see the first VTOL fighter that flew? VFW-Fokker VAK 191 B, a project that was abandoned when the German administration thought that there would always be runways long enough...

That reminds me:
Shockwave had a FW-190 for FSX 2004. Any plans to re-create these for P3D? Presently, there are no 190s that run (well) under P3Dv4.x (Classic Hangars seems out of the game).
Volker

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Tomas Linnet wrote: I’m a proud member of The Danish Dakota Friends: http://www.dc3vennerne.dk/
I’m planning on taking my son on another flight at the Danish Airshow later this year, we had a flight a few years back, but I think we need another this year :D
Ah, of course! Apologies for missing that one.

And there's also SE-CFP, operated by Flygande Veteraner in Sweden.

I'm pretty well up on my DC-3s but until now never stopped to think about which ones (and which other vintage aircraft) are foundation-owned. Nice that there are multiple examples.

Getting somewhat back on topic... while we're pretty well covered for DC-3s/C-47s thanks to Manfred Jahn and team, I find myself hoping that A2A's relationship with Tim Chopp will lead to a DC-4/C-54 one of these days. Currently enjoying the Flight Replicas version with a very nice flight model by Bernt Stolle, but an A2A version would get my attention.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

vtracy wrote:@cessna lover,
the Junkers Ju-52 was the first all-metal airplane.
Here are the details: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_52
The sound of the - not always synchronized - engines is beautiful!
Volker
actually it wasnt the first, the first was the Junkers J1 from ww1. Junkers where doing all metal as standard construction by the ju52 :)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

BTW, the Norwegians also have a DC3 in flying condition: http://dakotanorway.no/
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

On the subject of oldtimers, here‘s the Ju-52-3 that I wrote of.
There is one in Germany operated by Lufthansa, and one in Switzerland.
This here is the Swiss Ju on a flight over southern Germany (Swabia) with the Hohenzollern castle
I just love the old instruments...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utHyxKKg-xI

@cessna lover, I hope this gives you a glimpse of what it is like, here, without you having to cross the Atlantic. Enjoy!

(Of course, this is all just to pass the time...)
Volker

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

vtracy wrote:On the subject of oldtimers, here‘s the Ju-52-3 that I wrote of.
There is one in Germany operated by Lufthansa, and one in Switzerland.
This here is the Swiss Ju on a flight over southern Germany (Swabia) with the Hohenzollern castle
I just love the old instruments...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utHyxKKg-xI

@cessna lover, I hope this gives you a glimpse of what it is like, here, without you having to cross the Atlantic. Enjoy!

(Of course, this is all just to pass the time...)
Volker
them are nice pictures you took sir. I see in the first one they have what looks like a PT-17. and I did see a DC-3 in there as well. :D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”