A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by patful »

Six pages of replies in less than one day, can't wait to see how long this thread gets by December.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Roadburner426 wrote:The only thing on my wish list for this puppy that I want to see is the 300hp STC engine. I am all about maximum performance, and all the speed mods I can get. :mrgreen:
Yes, you will be able to install the 300hp Continental 550 engine in the maintenance hangar.

AKar wrote:Oh by the way, a question. It appears (I don't know the type personally at all) that the Bonanzas use this bungee cord aileron-rudder interconnect. Will that be simulated?

-Esa
Yes, this is simulated

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote:
AKar wrote:Oh by the way, a question. It appears (I don't know the type personally at all) that the Bonanzas use this bungee cord aileron-rudder interconnect. Will that be simulated?

-Esa
Yes, this is simulated

Scott.
Cool, thanks! :)

I wonder if it helps with fishtailing tendencies or will it actually make it worse. If tads on the pedals introduce aileron as well, and thereby some adverse yaw partly negating that rudder input...

Other than that it sounds a bit like a glider to fly in that you apparently must constantly dab the pedals a little bit with your shoes.

-Esa

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

I'm going to try fly inside. The time has come to experience A2A in VR with sickening feedback when my turns are not coordinated, good prep for the V tail?

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

When I first saw this thread and realized that the next product would be a V35 Bonanza I was so disappointed that they were coming out with another GA airplane rather than a War Bird. I had planned to express my disappointment in the forum. I just finished watching the video and it got me interested in this airplane. My father who was a lifelong pilot and he trained in fighters during WWII loved his Bonanza. He owned a V-tail in the 80s and it was his favorite aircraft. He owned quite a few interesting aircraft over the years including a 9g fully aerobatic home built, a Navion, and a Cassutt Racer to name a few. The fact that the Bonanza was his favorite says some thing. I may just buy it for P3DV4 when it becomes available. Never say Never ! I still want a Accu-Simmed A26, B25 or any twin with a round engine.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Like all A2A products, I’m assured this is a wonderful aircraft, and I may own it someday. However, I was a bit dissapointed since I already have a high performance single engine aircraft, the Comanche, and was really hoping for a twin Cessna, Piper or Beechcraft.

Perhaps one day, :cry:
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Scott and Team

\ / will the BOv35 be every bit as fantastic as the Comanche 250, T6? I bet so! Years later, will I still be flying it every day or so? I bet so!

For me this is all about matchless quality and realism. Ace!

Only A2A planes turn my home computer into a flight simulator. Then I can make mistakes or naivety, ask questions, learn. What real enjoyment! Genuinely right alongside the very best things and sensations in my life: pets; football; nature; nosh 'n ale. Like A2A planes they all contrast and expose pale, diluted substitutes.

A2A is very special and I CAN WAIT for this brilliant work; take all the time you need, Scott. I trust your expertise and judgement as real-life pilot and uber-enthusiast.

Back to reading and watching Bonanza's. Back to my treasured A2A hangar. \ /

Rod EGBB

.... Spitfire ....... Aerostar .......

hangarrat101
Airman

Post by hangarrat101 »

The more updates I see (switchable engines, tip tanks etc) The more I look forward to getting this! Definitely one to add to the hangar!

metaldesk44
Airman

Post by metaldesk44 »

So about that teaser clip in the video... 18,000 feet and 90 kts. There is also a timer clicking in the lower right corner passing over 4 minutes as the cruising altitude is reached. I don’t know if that timer started at takeoff but it might be a clue to some of you.
As for my guess, it’s a Huey.

Image Image

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

metaldesk44 wrote:So about that teaser clip in the video... 18,000 feet and 90 kts. There is also a timer clicking in the lower right corner passing over 4 minutes as the cruising altitude is reached. I don’t know if that timer started at takeoff but it might be a clue to some of you.
As for my guess, it’s a Huey.
Join our tinfoil-hat speculation-thread ;-) : http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63510
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

V-tail aside, I'm also interested in finally getting Continental engines in to the mix. Also, I would like to say that the accu-sim planes are maybe as close to the real thing that common folks like us will ever get to actually owning and flying our own aircraft. Few flightsim developers come close to it With that in mind I think any new accu-sim release is a blessing even though some of us were really hoping for a twin. Thank you for the update Scott and I'm really looking forward to the V-tail!

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

mlib
Airman

Post by mlib »

I just have to say that I am very excited about the Bonanza. This will be a first day purchase for me! :D

The passion from Scott and the team that goes into these projects together with the introductory videos and documentation alone makes them worth buying in my opinion. There is no other developer that comes even close.

I think it will be very interesting comparing this Bonanza to the Comanche experience and learn to fly it well. Some seem to switch airplanes like other change their underwear but that's not for me. I really prefer A2A:s slower, thorough high quality approach developing these things.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

The V-tail Bonanza... great to get this. Reminds me of one of my first PC flight sims: Pro Pilot USA.
Learned the sim and navigation basics with it.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

I am going to find this plane very interesting to fly and master. Well, fly it anyway - time will tell if I can master it :oops: I have the T-6 down pretty well but as soon as I drop my guard with her, she bites me! This one may be even a greater challenge.

Thanks to all the very talented masters at A2A for their continued attention to detail! :D
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

Tim-HH wrote:Very nice! I hope it will support the Flight1 G500/G600 :)

Greetings
Tim
Any chance there could be an engine monitor in the A2A Bonanza like the one in this picture? (Electronics International MVP-50) Any engine monitor is nice it doesn't matter what kind to me. I think it would be an extreme addition to the flight simulation world for there to be a well simulated engine monitor.

Thanks
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”