A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by gulredrel »

LMAO
Pro Pilot can be installed an runs on win10 ... no luck with controllers, but enough to start the engine.

Can A2A top the following? :mrgreen:

Original game resolution screens:

Instant buy for me.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

wonganna
Airman Basic

Post by wonganna »

Please open a repaint request topic for the Bo! I want a bare metal one!!

Btw, any chance of a turbo STC?

cheers :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

caleb1 wrote:Any chance there could be an engine monitor in the A2A Bonanza like the one in this picture? (Electronics International MVP-50) Any engine monitor is nice it doesn't matter what kind to me. I think it would be an extreme addition to the flight simulation world for there to be a well simulated engine monitor.

Thanks
At least the airplane used in flight testing seems to equip JP Instruments EDM 730 or something close to those lines.

Perhaps... :mrgreen:

-Esa

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Well for me I won't be getting it any time soon, or at all I reckon. I have never been a fan of the V-tail, I dunno it's just always looked wrong to me. I don't care for Mooneys for the same reason, and yes, I get that Mooneys are fast and all that but, I hate that vertical stab.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Never been a fan either but there is a part of me that is itching to see how they really fly. I know A2A will do it up right so yeah it has perked my interest.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Whether you like the looks or not Beech got it right, since the same basic design has been in production for seventy years. Cost a little more today than the 1947 model. :D

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

AKar wrote:
caleb1 wrote:Any chance there could be an engine monitor in the A2A Bonanza like the one in this picture? (Electronics International MVP-50) Any engine monitor is nice it doesn't matter what kind to me. I think it would be an extreme addition to the flight simulation world for there to be a well simulated engine monitor.

Thanks
At least the airplane used in flight testing seems to equip JP Instruments EDM 730 or something close to those lines.

-Esa
Yes as long as the testing aircraft has one than there is a good chance that the FSX/P3D version will have one.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

plicpriest1
Airman

Post by plicpriest1 »

It’s funny, seeing pictures of flight sim past. I was so enthralled with FS98. I spent hours upon hours. Every Christmas when a new sim would come out my parents would get it for me. 2002 was a huge advance in my book. Virtual cockpits was really the new thing! When FSX came out, oh boy, now there was a sim! Animals and birds oh my.

Then no more new sims. I kept on my FSX. Initially it was all about new sleek shiny aircraft. Tubeliners, planes I had seen at the local airport. Then one day I wanted better scenery. Googled for any free scenery I could find. ORBX kept coming up. Though payware, had some freebies. So I got KHQM. Magnificent, so over time I got3 all of North America.

Of course, performance was always an issue. People spoke of p3d in good light. So version 3 I bought. Shortly there after I removed FSX from my PC (RIP). Now version 4!

In my joy of version 3 I discovered A2A. In one day I purchased the 172, Cherokee, 182, and comanche. (Maybe it was two days, had to keep the Mrs. happy). Then the T6 and Connie.

All of which have been unbelievable in their own right. Now that’s how all flight sim aircraft should be! So I now eagerly await the Bo. I want it now! Right now! No, yesterday!!

Im super excited for this release. Turbo would be great (did they do that on the v35?). Either way, I’m defi gonna be a first day purchase!

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'm gonna buy it when it is out I'm already searching for a good one on trade a plane

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

I am a great fan of A2A, to the extent that I have all their accu-sim aircraft and the 2 COTS planes.

Like some others I was surprised/disappointed with the next GA choice, but can fully understand the reasons for going down this track - it will make it easier for further development with engines, etc.

I am fortunate in that I also have x-plane 11, and this allows me a wide range of choice, and I find myself dividing my time equally between the two sims (FSX and XP 11), until recently, at least.

Simcoders (who develop aircraft systems similar to A2A) have already provided their REP (Reality Expansion Pack) for the default C172, and with the recent release of the Carenado CT210 for XP 11, they have done their REP on that aircraft as well.
To me, this would have possibly been a logical step for A2A - a bigger Cessna, retractable gear, and turbo-charged. All this plus Simcoders have added an oxygen system, and hypoxia effects.
And not to press the point, but they have now released a REP package for the default Baron.

I am not saying that their work is comparable with A2A, it is not within my expertise to make such judgements, but it does allow us other alternatives - particularly whilst we wait for the V tail to be released.

If moderators think this post is inappropriate, please feel free to remove it, as I do not want to cause ructions within this very civil community.

It is just my personal thoughts.

Malcolm

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Here's a couple of Bonanza videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmfW6icdcaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEy0pI2bds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn0XB_-geQI

This last one is about a very early Bonanza, so a lot may not apply to the A2A release, but it's a good watch anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR3ORTyZlhM

Enjoy,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

justindw199
Airman

Post by justindw199 »

Will tip tanks be included as an option as well?

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Does this plane have aileron\rudder interconnect ? I wonder how this would be simulated with typical simmer controls in mind :) :?: Like some limited autorudder feature ?
Last edited by Caldemeyn on 10 Apr 2018, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

\ / Many thanks Mike for the video links.

Just coming up for air.

Found a few more vids on 35's (not quite the right models); give a real impression that BoV35 is lively and full of character. Great!

search: Discover Flying (1969) - Beechcraft Aircraft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qltgKw9TxFU

search: 1952 Beech Bonanza Mountain Flying Sierraville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZIKZ6PI2Us

search: BE35 Bonanza Air to Air
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6UnLv3Zoiw

Warning: "Obsession imminent ........ obsession imminent ........obsession imminent " \ /

Rod EGBB

kielsf4
Airman First Class

Post by kielsf4 »

caleb1 wrote:
AKar wrote:At least the airplane used in flight testing seems to equip JP Instruments EDM 730 or something close to those lines.

-Esa
Yes as long as the testing aircraft has one than there is a good chance that the FSX/P3D version will have one.
I doubt it.
some1 - A2A wrote:[...]We would have to:[...]
[...]program our own digital engine monitor - maybe add a more capable autopilot.[...]
[...]It would be an interesting addon, but right now our plate is full.[...]

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”