A2A Development Update 4/8/18

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
caleb1
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Development Update 4/8/18

Post by caleb1 »

Rudyjo wrote:I have just about all of A2A's planes except for the commercial airliners and enjoy them all.
What I want to see is the same request a lot of us have been asking for, for many years, and that is an A2A Bush plane. Floats and tundra tires.
It would be nice to hear A2A say it is something they will consider doing.
Yes, I do have the Piper Cub.
A bush plane like a Super Cub would be very nice. I also like the idea of any amphibious aircraft. Maybe even an amphibious version of the C182 or C172.
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

rdvandenberg
Airman

Post by rdvandenberg »

I'm actually very excited about the new bonanza. A V -tail Is a great addition to any hanger. It was also the first airplane my uncle flew and I was allowed to ride in on the taxiway. Brings back good memories. I decided it would be worthwhile to get back to the basics of flying so I took out the J3 cub. It is such a pleasure to fly and it has a wonderful passenger. Which brings me to the topic of potential additions to the bonanza. Whenever I fly any of my GA aircraft I always take my wife as a partner. Generally she is the brunette. She sits nicely in the plane but she doesn't say anything unlike Heidi who is constantly talking when I fly the cub. Is there any potential that Scott and his team might make a passenger who is animated and converses with you when you're flying. It may sound silly but it really makes the flying experience more enjoyable. I think that's why I like flying the Connie and also the stratto cruiser.It's nice to have Heidi and Betty come in and offer me coffee and sandwiches. I think it would be great to have partners flying with me that could converse and maybe complement me on my landings or criticize me and my flying techniques. It just makes for a very immersive and fun experience. Just a thought. In the meantime I'll enjoy flying the cub and listening to Heidi tell me how much fun it is to do loops and rolls.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Thanks Scott for the update, this aircraft looks challenging to fly.
Ros

cbramkamp
Senior Airman

Post by cbramkamp »

@ Scott: Are you still looking for pictures for the manual? I tried to send you an pm, but she won´t leave the Outbox...

TomLovesMustangs
Airman First Class

Post by TomLovesMustangs »

Im still hoping for a Hurricane would lovely given its the RAFs centenary this year.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Christian,

I got your message and thank you, these pictures are beautiful.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

caleb1
Senior Airman

Post by caleb1 »

rdvandenberg wrote:I'm actually very excited about the new bonanza. A V -tail Is a great addition to any hanger. It was also the first airplane my uncle flew and I was allowed to ride in on the taxiway. Brings back good memories. I decided it would be worthwhile to get back to the basics of flying so I took out the J3 cub. It is such a pleasure to fly and it has a wonderful passenger. Which brings me to the topic of potential additions to the bonanza. Whenever I fly any of my GA aircraft I always take my wife as a partner. Generally she is the brunette. She sits nicely in the plane but she doesn't say anything unlike Heidi who is constantly talking when I fly the cub. Is there any potential that Scott and his team might make a passenger who is animated and converses with you when you're flying. It may sound silly but it really makes the flying experience more enjoyable. I think that's why I like flying the Connie and also the stratto cruiser.It's nice to have Heidi and Betty come in and offer me coffee and sandwiches. I think it would be great to have partners flying with me that could converse and maybe complement me on my landings or criticize me and my flying techniques. It just makes for a very immersive and fun experience. Just a thought. In the meantime I'll enjoy flying the cub and listening to Heidi tell me how much fun it is to do loops and rolls.
It might be interesting to have a passenger in the Bonanza...
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.5, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: 1956 C172, 1964 PA-24 400

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I think they should have a pilot wearing a white lab coat and stethoscope wrapped over his neck. :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Winepress
Airman Basic

Post by Winepress »

Great news. Definitely a buy.

Dam da da dam da dam da dam … B O N A N Z A!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Risking and hoping I've got your meaning, a few da da's and dang dugga dang's missed out maybe

Bonanza was classic TV Western; used to watch it with my farmer grampa

Rod EGBB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Here's an interesting FAA video with a V-Tail Bonanza in a starring role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihee35QrWtk.

Seeya
ATB

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Paughco wrote:Here's an interesting FAA video with a V-Tail Bonanza in a starring role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihee35QrWtk.

Seeya
ATB
"With this baby we can go wherever we like... " :mrgreen: oldie but goldie flick by FAA. Three years ago, we did not even suspect that we could see a V35 from A2A. ;)
Density Altitude a short FAA flick

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

LZ-WIL wrote:
Paughco wrote:Here's an interesting FAA video with a V-Tail Bonanza in a starring role: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihee35QrWtk.

Seeya
ATB
"With this baby we can go wherever we like... " :mrgreen: oldie but goldie flick by FAA. Three years ago, we did not even suspect that we could see a V35 from A2A. ;)
Density Altitude a short FAA flick

Cheerz,
Will
It has always amazed me as a flight instructor, the seeming lack of real interest shown by the average pilot concerning density altitude. This is especially prevalent among Private Pilots who fly exclusively on the east coast of the United States.
Out west not so much.
In our airshow community the subject of density altitude is CRITICAL as it affects TAS and TURN RADIUS. In fact, we treat the issue as important enough to warrant direct attention to it before we allow display pilots to perform at show sites where density altitude can be an issue.
Dudley Henriques

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I also understand that variation of air density as a function of temperature is effectively not modeled in FSX/P3D platform. Which I find curious, but haven't done any tests to check it out.

-Esa

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

It is modelled i believe, there were problems in the past with some weather engines that injected wrong temps at altitude and guys flying tubes didn't get expected performance out of the engines.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”