Secret mission

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Secret mission

Post by patful »

pjc747 wrote:N122PC landed 2 hours ago at KRYY, Cobb County Airport.
Well, that's boring in comparison.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

pjc747 wrote:N122PC landed 2 hours ago at KRYY, Cobb County Airport.
Do we have any spies in that area??? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Looking at the satellite imagery nothing really caught my eye except a V shaped shadow behind what is obviously a V-tail Bonanza down by the Georgia State Government helicopter ramp. Appears to also maybe have one or 2 Seminole's scattered about the airport. Other than that is corporate turbo-props, private jets, and a bunch of common GA planes. So on the whole appears to be a pretty bland average airport, and nothing else really sticks out.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

It was just a fuel/rest stop I'm sure. He's trying to beat the snow storm home. The plane flew past Statesville, NC around noon today.

justindw199
Airman

Post by justindw199 »

So if Scott landed in San Marcos, that is home to the CAF Central Texas Wing. They have several T-6s, so unlikely the visit would be for them. What they do have is B-25 Mitchell, a C-45 Expeditor (Beech 18), a U-3 (Cessna 310), and a P-39. Due to the fact Scott has previously mentioned they'd love to do a twin, and the hype around a twin, I think we can rule out the P-39. So that leaves the C-45, and B-25, and the U-3. Logsitically, it makes more sense that if they were making a GA twin, they would make the Aerostar due to easy access (they own 122PC), so we can probably rule out the U-3. Flightaware doesn't report either aircraft making a flight this month, but that doesn't mean they haven't flown at all. Scott seemed very interested in making a B-25, so maybe that is the next aircraft?

Roger tower
Airman

Post by Roger tower »

Well ......as we are all waiting with anticipation for the next masterpiece .....hey!....can’t stop looking every 5 mins in case I miss something .....can’t get on with life !!!!!....
so l cannot help but shout my pennyworth......I think you got it spot on with the C-45 it’s got Scott’s fingerprints all over it...according to our detective sleuth Columbo!!
It’s gotta be a true classic, with a real something graphic about it that has the DNA of an accusim beauty
Something more than a performer ....but a good looker too....both outside and inside something to really enjoy making into a working treasure.......and that panel has got it all ......my money Is on that bird being set free hopefully soon ......but I will buy whatever Scott sees as his vision , he has hit the target every time so far .....so bring it on .....well done a2A team we love it all
Roger tower ....out

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

+1 on the C-45. I'd be all over that classic beauty.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

justindw199 wrote:So if Scott landed in San Marcos, that is home to the CAF Central Texas Wing.
He didn't land in San Marcos. He went to Austin. That was the whole point of my post - if he was going to visit San Marcos, he would have gone to San Marcos. He DID NOT. He went to Austin Bergstrom, where the Collings Foundation was at for their Wings of Freedom 2018 tour.

justindw199
Airman

Post by justindw199 »

CAPFlyer wrote:
justindw199 wrote:So if Scott landed in San Marcos, that is home to the CAF Central Texas Wing.
He didn't land in San Marcos. He went to Austin. That was the whole point of my post - if he was going to visit San Marcos, he would have gone to San Marcos. He DID NOT. He went to Austin Bergstrom, where the Collings Foundation was at for their Wings of Freedom 2018 tour.
Okay, do you have his whole flight log? I only saw one leg from Austin to Cobb County on Flightaware, it didn't have anything else.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Chris, you seem a bit frustrated... it was all in good fun! :D

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

CAPFlyer wrote:
B-17, B-24, B-25

Roger tower
Airman

Post by Roger tower »

Fantastic following you guys thrashing out the route! ....gets the brain working! ...isn’t a Bamboo bomber the nicknamed Cessna UC-78 Bobcat based in the Collins collection, is it a T50 design? ....it’s got TRAINER written all over it ....
It’s a 1930’s multi engine Trainer ...also named the Wichita wobbler cos it used to blow about on its spindly legs......but I’m only guessing....in the field this bird has earned its place in Real history ....
then when we are trained we could get the Lockheed P-38...that’s rare and Twin enough for anybody’s hanger? Just a thought..... although I would still like the c-45

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

justindw199 wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:
Okay, do you have his whole flight log? I only saw one leg from Austin to Cobb County on Flightaware, it didn't have anything else.
There were several other legs that can be seen if you are registered, but as I said in my post about him going to Austin and the responses afterward - if he was going to San Marcos, he would have gone straight there, not stopped in Austin. While I don't have direct information, I'm pretty sure that the "secret mission" had nothing to do with the CAF at San Marcos because they weren't flying during the week. Their only new acquisition, "That's All Brother" didn't fly on those days and the B-25 is down for an engine change. Meanwhile in Austin, the Collings Foundation had their B-24, B-17, TF-51D, and Huey flying every day. Based on his original post on what was going down, it makes much more sense that he's doing something with CF in the air than doing something on the ground with the CAF. I tend to believe that the most simple explanation is probably the best one.

Personally, I think he was there to meet up with the guys in the Pirelli World Challenge who were at COTA last week to get sound for the top secret A2A foray into iRacing. :)

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

CAPFlyer wrote:

Personally, I think he was there to meet up with the guys in the Pirelli World Challenge who were at COTA last week to get sound for the top secret A2A foray into iRacing. :)
[/quote]

I would be SO down for having to maintain my iRacing vehicles to the same degree as an A2A aircraft. Of course due to the E-sports nature it wouldn't really fly very well with most of the userbase.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I hope we hear soon more about this secret mission and the next accusim plane. I’m wasting so much time trolling these forums hoping for news
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”