Secret mission

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Secret mission

Post by Scott - A2A »

I'm heading out on a secret mission in the newly serviced A2A Aerostar tomorrow morning to fly this new secret airplane we are Accu-Simming... I am very excited about this adventure. In my bags, I have multiple go pros (btw, the go pro 6 has some incredible image stabilization), 250 ft of mic cable, 5 of the world's finest mics, pro hi def camera, usb recording equipment along with measuring devices and such for the photo shoots. It's a total production and I'm just chatting with the team about how involved this is, and how everything has to work just right. If one thing goes south, it kicks everything out ahead, so the pressure is on :)

Having experienced countless technical failures on trips like this (I am yet to come back and say we were 100% successful), I get this little knot in my stomach before heading out. Part of me wants to complain about the stress, but I know in my heart this is what life is about. Reaching for new heights.

And while capturing all of this data, our team is hard at work on our current Accu-Sim project, so we are truly running two projects in parallel. I've been wanting to share what we are working on but those desires have been vetoed by some members of our team, fearing things will get delayed again with all of the uncertainties these projects bring. They are right, but please keep in mind we are working day to day to bring the next Accu-Sim birds to completion. I can't wait to share all of the things we've been experiencing and learning. Sharing and developing new products from these experiences is what it's all about.

So know that we are capturing all kinds of new information that is being funneled into our existing products, and will soon be on your PC.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Secret mission

Post by Medtner »

Godspeed on the journey, and all the best in collecting good and reliable data for the Accusim-engine!

The knot is well known among scientists, wanting to get all the data they can and as fast as they can while at the same time keeping rigour and reliability. Curiosity is a major driveforce here, and the way A2A operates I'm sure you could be called scientists too.

If you can, take pictures and post here or on Facebook, though, to keep us teased. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Dad always says, "If it was easy, *anybody* could do it." :)

I'm looking forward to what you guys make next, when it's ready! \o/

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I know that feeling when you’re very excited but also a bit anxious about doing something. I’m sure you are excited since your research involves flying a new plane possible even requires a new rating and who wouldn’t be excited about that? But of course there’s always the possibility that one of the cameras or mics won’t work probably and you won’t have sufficient data.

Well I hope everything goes as planned on your trip!

Thanks for the insight!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Good luck Scott. Looking forward to your projects!
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

That's what you get when you set the bar "accu-sim high" Scott. Thank you for the update and good luck on your clandestine foray with this top secret aircraft that we are all highly anticipating.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Thanks for the update Scott :D
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

:) Waiting patiently knowing that it will be well worth the wait :D Wishing you clear smooth skies :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Good luck Scott! I know how it is with software deadlines, and I agree I think it is more professional to release a 110% tested and polished product at once rather than a hard deadline for release to build pressure. Looks more professional rather than pushing a set release back multiple times.

Hope the recording went well, and looking forward to what new technology we may be seeing soon! :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Everyone watch November 122PC on flight radar tomorrow and find out what this secret location is :mrgreen:

By the way, from Scott's post

there's some kind of pattern

"Pressure is on"

"New heights"

:P
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

The latest update from the A2A Skunkworks!

WETSU!! Thank you!

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 19 Mar 2018, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

thunderstreak wrote:Image
Wouldn't even want the Spitfire OR Mustang if we got one of those! :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Aymi wrote:Everyone watch November 122PC on flight radar tomorrow and find out what this secret location is :mrgreen:

"Pressure is on"

"New heights"

I didn't want to say anything here last night and possibly help blow the cover, but I did watch Flight Aware and there was no activity all day. Diversionary tactic?

Conspiracy theories commence.

And...sorry for kinda stalking you, Scott!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AviationAtWar wrote:
Aymi wrote:Everyone watch November 122PC on flight radar tomorrow and find out what this secret location is :mrgreen:

"Pressure is on"

"New heights"

I didn't want to say anything here last night and possibly help blow the cover, but I did watch Flight Aware and there was no activity all day. Diversionary tactic?

Conspiracy theories commence.

And...sorry for kinda stalking you, Scott!
Like minds...

I was also thinking the exact same thing. I also "stalked" the Flight Aware entries, but I found that some are hidden. I'm sure the clever people at A2A know how to fly "under the radar", as it were, to avoid spilling the beans by something as trivial as a desination airport that we could easily connect to some particular aircraft that could be the target of Accusimming.

I'm glad that I didn't find anything. My curiosity knows no bounds, but I'm happy to wait until A2A is ready to share.

If this sounds like I'm having two extremely conflicting emotions, you're right. I feel like a spider with my eight legs trying to run in 16 completely different and unique directions at the same time. This is what A2A does to some of us... :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”