Crash tolorence?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cessna lover

Crash tolorence?

Post by cessna lover »

i will keep the language clean but I am really :evil: because twice now I have tried doing a 180+ mile flight in the Cessna skylane just to get where I wanted to go and crash and get reset to the beginning of the flight :evil: does any one recommend turn off the crash box? or would that effect realism?? I find it really annoying to do a long flight just to get reset back to the home field with a bent airplane and have to start all over again :(

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Crash tolorence?

Post by Medtner »

Turn off all crash detection. I've had that off for years with no problem.

The thing is that if I ever screw up (which I thankfully haven't for years either, flying as realistic as I can), I'd know about it without having the sim stop and restart. I'd rather just continue the flight and have learned my lesson from knowing it would have been a crash.

So, again, turn it all off, and you'll be fine. (and don't crash! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D thank you sir. the issue is the simulator said I hit a building.. but I had a few feet between my plane and the building so I think it is the sims crash bubble I guess you could say that thinks the plane is bigger then it is. but I will definatly turn that off and try the flight again tomorrow. I guess the old saying is right the third times the charm huh?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I would suggest to turn the crash detection off too. Not enough that you “crash” into invisible objects also the AI can’t wreck you anymore. This was even more annoying for me that I was hit by an AI plane and everything was ruined. Mine also has been off for years without problems.

Good luck on your flight!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

ah ok. so then the A2A planes have there own crash settings or something then? cause the manuals for them say set all sliders to the right for realism except crash tolerance?? so according to the manuals then this should already be off then right?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
A2A aircraft if you hit the ground or water will bend props and such , FSX crash detection is know for invisible objects that ruin your flight , so as already been stated have that off in FSX , A2A aircraft will still get damage and ware an tare through there modelling if miss treated by you.
regards alan. 8)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

lol ok thank you. I try not to miss treat them. but next time I go up that setting will be getting changed. thanks for the help guys.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

the crash detection works fine (more or less) as long as you don't use any addons.. As soon as you change anything, turn it off. I guess it's a leftover from Microsoft's arcade approach days... I'm not sure about how it works in P3D but in FSX all A2A airplanes were built as float planes to make ditching (and I think belly landings) even possible as the sim would have detected it as a crash if you had landed the P51 with wheels up or ditched the Cessna.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

There are numerous very bad crash detection zones aloud stock objects in the sim. You will crash into things that are seemingly a safe distance and get frustrated. I recommend shutting it off.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Turn crash detection off. You can still smash into terrain and be killed by mountains so it is not a God Mode cheat.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Until I got FSUIPC I saved about every 10 minutes to avoid having to go back to the beginning if the system or airplane crashed. With FSUIPC there is a utility that can be set up to do automatic saves at regular intervals without going out of the flight. Since getting that utility I no longer have to do regular saves on my own.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

I was just like you, I thought leaving crash detect on would be realistic.

I found after landing at a grass strip, and running over literally a piece of grass on the runway, that crash detection....is a curse XD Especially if you take paper maintenance logs like myself for every plane.

So yes, I recommend disabling crash detection. If you are smart, and safe you should never be in a position to need crash detection anyway.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

After reading this thread and some recent experiences I have turned crash detection off.

The main reason for me is that crash detection treats every little bump as fatal. In the DC3 the other day I was on the taxiway at full stop when a baggage cart rammed my tail sending me back 4 hours to my departure airport. That alone is enough for me to turn off crash detection!

( I can't figure out why that baggage cart was driving on the taxiway in the first place! It was ORBX Iceland demo in a snowstorm if you are curious.)
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

crippy wrote:I was just like you, I thought leaving crash detect on would be realistic.

I found after landing at a grass strip, and running over literally a piece of grass on the runway, that crash detection....is a curse XD Especially if you take paper maintenance logs like myself for every plane.

So yes, I recommend disabling crash detection. If you are smart, and safe you should never be in a position to need crash detection anyway.
yes I do keep logs for all my A2A planes. each on e has a log book. ok so this is the 3rd time I am trying this flight I want to do. but I turned crash detection off. but 1 question if you mess up you can still bend props and things right? it just won't reset to the start of the flight?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
No it wont reset the flight if in an A2A aircraft , but you will need repair prior to next flight .
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”