Nothing comes close

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Nothing comes close

Post by crippy »

I just wrapped up a local flight in my Cherokee tonight. The moon was almost full, dynamic lights were on, Frames were a solid 60. It had been a while since my last "night currency" flight well over a month. As I took off I immediately fell back in love with the town lights (orbix global) that I setup for different brightness levels. As I came around for my first Touch and go, I was surprised again at how real and how fast the runway jumps out at night. So immersive! It was a much different feel at night with dynamic lights on. I then realized how truly dim the little red dome light actually is and struggling to determine if that switch is for the strobes or the fuel pump :lol:

Any who,
1. Nothing comes close to A2A quality - That's pretty obvious

2. - I am realizing - for me - no other game, no other simulation comes close to the immersion I get from flight sim. Turning off every light in my apartment, and getting my red place able lights up for a night flight, And then experiencing almost identical night time tendencies and occurrences as real flying.....well that is just awesome! I have yet to find anything that comes close to the same level of immersion. Honestly when I am up flying around, the stresses and worries of college just melt away it's crazy!

Also, I am realizing that slower, smaller aircraft really hit home with me for some reason. Obviously the Comanche and Skylane are great aircraft, but something about the smaller aircraft really works well with me. I am always on top of everything, always 5 steps ahead, and it really is showing in my landings :D For that reason I am very happy / excited to be purchasing the C172 right after this post even with a new aircraft from A2A likely on the horizon....because I will buy that one too :lol:

Comanche Flying in the Arkansas Ouachita mountains descending to pattern altitude. Look at the haze and how the mountains vanish after a while...Just like real life. (A couple of weeks old)

Parked up at a rural airport for dinner (A couple of weeks old). I always have loved to death the default FSX and P3D sunset skybox. The purples and blues with orange colors and the stars! Always a treat!
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Nothing comes close

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Beautiful screenshots! and yes the immersion for an avgeek is only matched by real flying 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”