What happened to A2A?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: What happened to A2A?

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:Lewis Dudley and I speak all the time about how difficult it is for us to remain quiet. This is very difficult but what we're working on now and what is coming later is very exciting.

Scott.

What he said !

As always, have patience and hang in there. What's coming will be worth the wait.
DH

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I find it odd the number of people that are coming down on A2A for being quiet. The production record speaks for itself, and as has already been stated in numerous posts, some of what they are working on CAN'T be told to us at this time, so, get over it. I have been flying their products for years, and still have my copy of Firepower for CFS3. I have many A2A planes in my FSX/P3D stable and to tell the truth I have not mastered those yet(though the Comanche is my fav by far), so jumping up and down and saying, "Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?", is very selfish. Let the team work, they have stated they are working on products, and that should be enough for anyone, they have actually NO obligation to tell us anything if they don't want to, so, I, for one, am glad when they do put out new information but, know what it is like to have to keep quiet about what you are working on. "The problem about instant gratification is that it doesn't happen fast enough."

Blue skies.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

How I read Scott's post is that regardless of whether they can announce the 'mystery project' by that time, they announce their next "regular" release in this month. Even if this technically allows the announcement to slip to late March (instead of early March as mentioned earlier). So I think we can handle ourselves for a moment longer. :)

Excited about the next GA release regardless. I don't care at all what it might be, albeit the guess work in fun! I actually hope for the likely chance that it will be a model that I'm not familiar with in reality, like the Comanche. Every new simulation release serves me a function of finding some material of the type and studying it in as deep detail as possible. It is both fun and educational.

-Esa

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AKar wrote:How I read Scott's post is that regardless of whether they can announce the 'mystery project' by that time, they announce their next "regular" release in this month. Even if this technically allows the announcement to slip to late March (instead of early March as mentioned earlier). So I think we can handle ourselves for a moment longer. :)

Excited about the next GA release regardless. I don't care at all what it might be, albeit the guess work in fun! I actually hope for the likely chance that it will be a model that I'm not familiar with in reality, like the Comanche. Every new simulation release serves me a function of finding some material of the type and studying it in as deep detail as possible. It is both fun and educational.

-Esa

And just as a teaser, and as something folks sometimes forget, let me remind everybody that regardless of the type of plane we release next, that plane's Accusim package will include everything in the way of improvement that has been "added" to the Accusim package in the way of flight physics and systems operation and depth of realism.
Accusim just keeps getting better every day.
Dudley Henriques

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:that plane's Accusim package will include everything in the way of improvement that has been "added" to the Accusim package in the way of flight physics and systems operation and depth of realism.
That's as important for sustainability as having new types is, indeed. An adventurous user will soon reach the limits of given simulation, even in this day and age. It is unavoidable, much like the moment when you see the props or CGI in a movie. That's why simulation must always develop further. :)

-Esa

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

There are quite a few limits, but between Accusim and P3D those limits keep getting further removed. My only tiny little itsy bitsy whine is that I wanted the P-51 in P3Dv4 by now, but I also get they are super busy and at least I still have it in FSX. At least this day and age we have Accu-sim aircraft spanning 2 simulators, and 13 different planes in total. I remember waiting for the Spitfire/P-40/Mustang trio through all the development videos and at that time the only choices were 377 (without CoTs), P-47, J-3, or B-17. :lol: Unfortunately now the more I watch aviation videos on Youtube the more I see planes I didn't know about that look like they'd be awesome candidates for Accusim. I do look forward to seeing whatever is hiding behind the curtains at this point though.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I could be wrong but, I suspect there is some really cool stuff in the works here.
Perhaps so different from what we all expect that it will be a major leap forward in the FSX/P3D world.
Everyone is speculating about a new GA this, or a new or updated Warbird that, or even a Propliner of some shape or form.
I will take a guess from outside the box!

How about a modern, military, turbo-prop trainer?
A2A is supplying the GA training market, why not the military too?
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I think that A2A is just following Kelly Johnson's 14 rules & practices: https://lockheedmartin.com/us/aeronauti ... rules.html. Kelly had a 15th rule that he passed on by word of mouth. According to the book "Skunk Works" the 15th rule is: "Starve before doing business with the damned Navy. They don't know what the hell they want and will drive you up a wall before they break either your heart or a more exposed part of your anatomy."

Seeya
ATB

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

I sympathise with Scott, Lewis and Dudley. Having to keep shtum about the Accusim B-29 must be excruciating.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Paul K wrote:I sympathise with Scott, Lewis and Dudley. Having to keep shtum about the Accusim B-29 must be excruciating.
You misspelled P-38L. I know the keys are so close on the keyboard that it is difficult, but felt the need to correct it for you. 8)
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Those are the top two warbirds I'd like to see!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

And the Aeroplane Heaven P-47D bubbletop is in a holding pattern for release... just a coincidence? :idea: 8) :lol:
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I've been pretty patient through this long wait. Since I've been such a saint, I think I deserve a 75% off sale on St. Patrick's Day. :mrgreen:

Pat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
AKar wrote:How I read Scott's post is that regardless of whether they can announce the 'mystery project' by that time, they announce their next "regular" release in this month. Even if this technically allows the announcement to slip to late March (instead of early March as mentioned earlier). So I think we can handle ourselves for a moment longer. :)

-Esa

And just as a teaser, and as something folks sometimes forget, let me remind everybody that regardless of the type of plane we release next, that plane's Accusim package will include everything in the way of improvement that has been "added" to the Accusim package in the way of flight physics and systems operation and depth of realism.
Dudley Henriques
I've noticed with the last few releases that they are preceded by an Accu-Sim update. Now I realise that an update doesn't necessarily mean a new release to follow, but given all the talk from those at A2A, my guess is that the next Accu-Sim update will mean that a new release is imminent. I think that this is what Dudley is alluding to above.

So keep your eyes on those Accu-Sim updates, folks. :D :wink:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”