Time to warm up those F5-buttons?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Time to warm up those F5-buttons?

Post by AKar »

gridley wrote:Well today's facebook post had more of the aerostar, but specifically stated it "may become an accusim plane some day" so it's probably not that!
But indeed as Scott mentioned, there is some 'vital information' for possible future Accu-Sim. Because God is in the detail.

Note in particular in the picture of the engine indicators... MP on the shut-down engine is just a bit less than an inch higher than on the one running at full throttle. This inch-or-so represents the intake losses of the running engine. MP on a feathered engine is always the ambient pressure plus any ram rise there can be, and does not respond to the throttle. If the engine was windmilling, MP would respond to the throttle as it would if the engine was running. Basic stuff we'd expect to come correctly to the eventual twin sim. :)

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AKar wrote:
gridley wrote:Well today's facebook post had more of the aerostar, but specifically stated it "may become an accusim plane some day" so it's probably not that!
But indeed as Scott mentioned, there is some 'vital information' for possible future Accu-Sim. Because God is in the detail.

Note in particular in the picture of the engine indicators... MP on the shut-down engine is just a bit less than an inch higher than on the one running at full throttle. This inch-or-so represents the intake losses of the running engine. MP on a feathered engine is always the ambient pressure plus any ram rise there can be, and does not respond to the throttle. If the engine was windmilling, MP would respond to the throttle as it would if the engine was running. Basic stuff we'd expect to come correctly to the eventual twin sim. :)

-Esa
This detail is probably already a part of the Accusim core. We already see the MP on the 182 and Comanche being ever so slightly lower when full throttle during take off than when shut down.

Also the T6 shows miniscule drops in MP when one is pulling the propeller through in the preflight, and I'm sure this is just a detail that comes naturally from a carefully modelled Accusim-engine, not by putting it in as a canned gimmick.

In other words: It pays off doing it correctly from the get go. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Get ready, folks!!!

Not only is the new store up, but the old Constellation promo video has been shuffled off of the announcement-part of the forum. This means only one thing - space is being cleared up to fit the Bonanza.

Besides, the last update from Scott said that it would be in beta-testing in “a week or less”. That was over a week ago. So it’s only a matter of a handful of F5-buttons now, so get started with tapping/pressing/stomping/hammering/fluctuating/snapping/maneuvering/smashing/teasing or simply clicking those precious buttons! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry to stamp on the parade but not just yet.

A2A Store customers do need to read this though, the quicker they fill out the form the quicker I can give them Flying Hour discounts :mrgreen: 8)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63788

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

10 points just for signing up again. Woohoo!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Sorry to stamp on the parade but not just yet.

A2A Store customers do need to read this though, the quicker they fill out the form the quicker I can give them Flying Hour discounts :mrgreen: 8)

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=63788

thanks
Lewis
Yeah, good advice! Get your accounts sorted out first.

But then give that F5-button a good workout/massage/beating. I’ve already worn one of my fingers down to a nub, and countless F5-buttons have met their maker. :)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I need a new F5 button.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lacking any real updates, I tend to pay attention to Scott’s number of posts. Every time there’s a new product in beta there is at times furious posting at some forum that we don’t have access to. This means probably that new updates to the beta has been pushed and that he is responding to reports.

My bet is that there will be a release within a few weeks. There is no chance that the Bo will be in beta until Christmas. I’ve spent industrial amounts of F5-buttons now, and have prosthetic hands installed to replace my worn out fingers and hand-stumps.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I want it for Memorial Day!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Medtner wrote:Lacking any real updates, I tend to pay attention to Scott’s number of posts. Every time there’s a new product in beta there is at times furious posting at some forum that we don’t have access to. This means probably that new updates to the beta has been pushed and that he is responding to reports.

My bet is that there will be a release within a few weeks. There is no chance that the Bo will be in beta until Christmas. I’ve spent industrial amounts of F5-buttons now, and have prosthetic hands installed to replace my worn out fingers and hand-stumps.
Man you have a great observation skill. I never noticed that but then I never checked for it either. I can’t imagine it’ll take till December either.

Let’s hope it’ll be soon
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

They have a lot on their plate right now but my guess would be around the next Flight Sim Expo in two weeks it makes a great showcase for a new aircraft releases and leaves more than enough time for beta testing the new bits.

Unless they have pity on us very devoted customers for having to wait so long and release sooner...... :wink: :lol:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

You’re not all still using them plastic F5 buttons are you? Stainless steel is really the only way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

June would be my guess, even if something in back of my head tells me it is a bit optimistic. Yet, it appears that A2A has pretty far frozen the features when the product is in beta, and not much of new stuff gets added at this stage anymore. It makes a big difference to the time span the beta testing takes whether the process starts from a release candidate basically, or from an in-development build. With any luck, it will be a quick process for the beta team to hunt down any bugs major and put the thing into the store. :)

-Esa

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

chadryan wrote:You’re not all still using them plastic F5 buttons are you? Stainless steel is really the only way to go.
I managed to get one made from Unobtainium. Should last me a lifetime.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Much activity behind the scenes since last post. I’m guessing that it’s very close now.

The problem with F5-keys made of metals is that they eat whole keyboards, and the expense is thus higher. Also, they make the wear on fingers and stumps higher. A slightly soft plastic is the best, I’m thinking.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”