The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

Post by Medtner »

I have long been in love with the de Havilland Beaver, and I notice that several others here on the forum really are too. Maybe we could all gather force and share our love here, with the hope that it will catch with the developers at A2A, thus making the Beaver a possible future project?

The possibilities with a Beaver are immense - it can have the alternatives of skis, floats, wheels/tundras, even amphibian (see first link). Also it can carry much cargo and passengers, which makes it more of a travelling plane than many of the other A2A-planes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/collingwoo ... 931841139/

And who will not love the beautiful panel and the sound of that big, tough radial engine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F40nYOgrsVs

The panel - love the tach and manifold pressure gauge close to the throttle/propeller!
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 422963.jpg
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: The DHC-2 Beaver as an Accusim-plane thread

Post by Medtner »

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Holdit
Airman

Post by Holdit »

I'd buy it.
Paul

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Yes, a Beaver would be great! I really hope A2A will come up with some more classic propeller/radial engine-equipped airplanes in the future and not only general aviations and jets :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

An accu-simmed Beaver? With the original radial engine? With all the possible bush kits (tundra, ski, float, amphib)? Shut up and take my money!!!

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

I'd definitely buy the DHC-2 Beaver in advance if it would help cover the development costs. What's not to love about this airplane; it's general aviation, has a radial engine with great sound, it's historical, plenty of operating Beavers out there to get Accu-Sim flight data and sounds from, and you can pick your poison: floats, skies, wheels (normal/tundra). I'd love to take an A2A Accu-Sim DHC-2 Beaver flying. Thanks Medtner for the pics of the Beaver and panel. Also thanks for the great movie clips of N4444Z and N4756T flying. It was truly magical!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8)

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Count me in. The DHC-2 Beaver would make a great addition to the Accu-Sim fleet, and FSX could definitely use an up-to-date representation of it. Who better to do it than A2A? A Beaver and a Cherokee to add to my hangar alongside my C172 and Cub—my FSX would be complete (well, until A2A decided to make another awesome aircraft). 8)

pilotgod
Senior Airman

Post by pilotgod »

I'd buy in advance as well. Maybe a Kickstarter to fund the R&D is in order? I'd be willing to fund R&D and then STILL have to purchase it on release. You here that A2A? I am throwing money* at my monitor for a plane that may never exist, hoping I am wrong.

*Make sure throw bills, not coins, as I have learned.
System Specs:
Intel i7-2600 @ 4.3GHz, ASUS P8P67-Deluxe, 8GB DDR3-1600, ATI Radeon HD7770 (2GB), OCZ Vertex 250GB SSD (OS), Seagate 1TB HDD (Data)
FSX w/Acceleration and tons of add-ons.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

That sounds like a good idea actually - to start a fundraiser for this. A commission, to be exact.
But a stipulation would be that the developers hearts would have to be in it, not the monetary part of it. This is why we have these beautifully simulated A2a-aircraft - the heart, love and dedication came first. All good art comes from such a start.
Last edited by Medtner on 06 Jan 2014, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

Many times people wonder why the DHC beaver was and continues to be so successful and in such high demand by bush outfits the world over is IMO it's simplicity:
DeHavilland Canada basically took a pickup truck and stuck a pair of wings on it; the aircraft is basically a flying four wheel drive truck! IIRC from my research many years ago the design philosophy was: "Build an aircraft that can transport 1500 pounds anywhere"
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'd like to add my support for the development of an Accu-Sim'd DHC-2 Beaver. This plane is a real beauty, and one that's missing an up to date FS version. I have a nice one for FS2004, but A2A and Accu-Sim have moved flightsim on another generation.

I know you have other work, and I'm eagerly awaiting the Piper, but it would be great to know that this one is on a future list.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

GoggleEye
Senior Airman

Post by GoggleEye »

What a Grand Idea, :D count me in beautiful airplane. "Pre Purchase" Would pre purchase any A2A aircraft prior to release. Enjoyed watching the videos thank you for sharing.
That's not flying, that's just falling with style

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

I DO like a nice Beaver....

Last edited by Killratio on 06 Jan 2014, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

I watched this little documentary a few weeks back. Interesting seeing the trade of bush-flying from the inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlI2qAzQh9U

(and also it show how beautiful an aircraft the Beaver is!)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Great bush-flying movie. Thanks! I'd like to think in my life time there will still be bush flying.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”