Setting up a 3 way switch

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Setting up a 3 way switch

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone

I need some help setting up a three way switch (on/on/on) using FSUIPC in my P-51 cockpit. I have tried a variety of parameters to get the switch to go from Auto to Low to High then back to Low then Auto with no success. Getting Auto, Low and High is not an issue; it’s when I bring the switch back down from High it should be Low then Auto but I get Auto for both positions.

Here is the L:VAR I am using in the FSUIPC Macro for the switch.
L:Eng1_SuperchargerSwitch=CYC

Also, I would also like the red cover in the VC to match the switch position and again I’m having no luck.

Here is the L:VAR I am using in the FSUIPC Macro for the cover.
L:Eng1_SuperchargerSwitchGuard=SET

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Setting up a 3 way switch

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Here is what I use:
Auto ("Eng1_SuperchargerSwitch", 0)
Low ("Eng1_SuperchargerSwitch", 1)
High ("Eng1_SuperchargerSwitch", 2)

Closed ("Eng1_SuperchargerSwitchGuard", 0)
Open ("Eng1_SuperchargerSwitchGuard", 1)

I have it setup so I can use the "Start" function on my saitek switch panel to check the supercharger high during runups
I therefore only use the "high" and "auto" function

to go to auto I set the switch to 0 and after a 0.5s delay I set the guard to 0

to select high I set the guard to 1 and 0.5 s later I set the switch to 2
from what I know, it is not necessary to even move the guard to flick the switch(small bug)
I hope this is useful:-)
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

You will probably need to use a little Lua script to generate the desired 0,1,2,1,0 seaquence for subsequent switch actions.
As you have no doubt found out the CYC specification generates a 0,1,2,0,1,2 sequence.

The other possibility would be to use an INC and DEC definition for the L:Var 0,1,2 and 2,1,0
with either 2 switches or a single switch with a conditional assignment, say with the another switch being set or not to determine the direction.

I often use the 'pinky switch' on my old X-45 stick as the 'conditional switch'.

The coding of such an operation must be done by editing the FSUIPC INI file.

Paul

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

Thanks Tomas and Paul!

I'll check out those suggestions.

Take care
Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

Gypsy Baron wrote:You will probably need to use a little Lua script to generate the desired 0,1,2,1,0 seaquence for subsequent switch actions.
As you have no doubt found out the CYC specification generates a 0,1,2,0,1,2 sequence.

The other possibility would be to use an INC and DEC definition for the L:Var 0,1,2 and 2,1,0
with either 2 switches or a single switch with a conditional assignment, say with the another switch being set or not to determine the direction.

I often use the 'pinky switch' on my old X-45 stick as the 'conditional switch'.

The coding of such an operation must be done by editing the FSUIPC INI file.

Paul

Did you ever post the entirety of your fsuipc config/macros/etc as a zip file somewhere? There's times I want to use it as a reference for something I plan to do since I'm always confident you've done it already but I can't find anywhere on this forum or the multitude of others you post on that has it, haha!

-stefan

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Raceguy wrote:Thanks Tomas and Paul!

I'll check out those suggestions.

Take care
Ed
You are welcome
I forgot to add I'm using LINDA
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I wanted to add a thank you for this thread. It has always bothered me that the supercharger switch cover did not move with the switch and that I could not tell which mode the supercharger was in by looking. I never thought of looking through LINDA tracer for the cover control. I now have it set up on my P-51 as well. :wink: 8)

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Kalle
Airman

Post by Kalle »

Im using Spad.Next, and manage to setup an "Snippet" (Event) on my Saitek ProSwitch Panel so when the switch (im using COWL) is off, the supercharger is at Auto, and when flipped to on, it opens the switchguard and sets the switch to High.
Then when fliped fast off and on from "High" it sets to low, If fast plipped again it goes back to High, and off sets it to Auto...

I´m using the Lvars mentioned above, and using the High indication light as a event for fastflipp the switch (you could use an made "Local" event also i suppose.
(If you´re using Spad.Next ive upploded a Snippet for the switshpanel in Spadnext)

I also made a event/snippet fot using the T1/T2 and T3/-T4 buttons on my Trottle Quadrant to switch the oil and cooler radiator switches open/close, and then Auto if doubbleclick in a similar way. (Using a Local made event)

Trying to get my X52 flight system joystick to work in Spad tho, it´s seems its not quite supported?
The swede!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”