Missing the new release banter

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Missing the new release banter

Post by jeepinforfun »

I know the folks at A2A are busy and I hate to be one of those people that beg developers to put something out, yet I must admit I miss the banter and in depth discussions that goes on here not only after the release of a new aircraft and even the excitement that goes on after the prerelease manual or videos comes out.

So I'll bide my time happily with past releases until something new comes along but just wanted it known that it's not so much a shiny new toy I am waiting for but the chance to absorb everything about it's workings and flight dynamics that keep me checking in every day.

Looking for a WWll era bird w/twin radials to be next but I'm easy.... :wink:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Missing the new release banter

Post by Medtner »

The activity level dropped drastically after the Development Update came, so untill we hear new hints about the progress I assume it will be slow. We are all secretly F5-ing anyway, but we're not supporting each other in speculation at this time.

So, I agree. I miss it too. I'm flying a lot too, but there is no secret that a new release is always exciting. So much to learn. Especially a twin-trainer. Damn, that would make this forum come alive with discussions on blue-lines, feathering, raising dead engines, and all that jazz.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Video and manual tomorrow, thanks Scott!
Cheers!/Andreas

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

addman wrote:Video and manual tomorrow, thanks Scott!
Good plan. Tomorrow, Norwegian time, that is! (which is 25 minutes away, as of this posting)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Silence tends to be a good thing. Besides, I'm having too much fun flying the Connie, Comanche, 182, Cherokee, T-6, heck even the 172 to be too concerned about the lack of a new one. And that's not to mention the warbirds, Strat and the mighty Cub sitting in FSX.

However, I'm still dropping in every day to see whether the Connie video has been taken down. :wink:
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Medtner wrote:
addman wrote:Video and manual tomorrow, thanks Scott!
Good plan. Tomorrow, Norwegian time, that is! (which is 25 minutes away, as of this posting)
lol!

@Mickel: yeah, yeah glass half full yadiyadiyada...my glass is ALWAYS half-empty. Now fill it up Scott or I'll fill myself with beer tonight, oh wait! that will happen any way. :mrgreen:
Cheers!/Andreas

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

not so much about glasses... more about not getting wound up about what I can't influence. I want the C185, Aerostar, V4'd Cub & Strat etc etc etc as much as the next forum dweller. But F5F5F5F5F5F5F5 ain't going to change anything, so I might as well go fly the sim I've got and let them do their thing.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Really miss it too.

A2A turned professionnal, we probably aren't the main market or priority anymore.

The good news is that after 10 years other devellopers finally jumped in the ship of realism and we'll see more and more decent add-ons release thanks to A2A.

There is a very promising Mad Dog 82 on the way to release this month, a plane with a technology in-between A2A vintage liners and PMDG's boring (but incredibly well made) EFIS planes.
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Aymi wrote:
A2A turned professional, we probably aren't the main market or priority anymore.
Not true. Although there have been contractual projects that required bumping to the front burner due to time allotment to finish these projects, A2A remains totally committed to its sim community customer base.
Aircraft projects for the sim community WILL be forthcoming.
A2A is sorry for the delay but hang in there. New stuff IS on the table and in fact in development as we speak.
There WILL be some pleasant surprises coming down the pipe line soon.
Dudley Henriques

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Aymi wrote:
A2A turned professional, we probably aren't the main market or priority anymore.
Not true. Although there have been contractual projects that required bumping to the front burner due to time allotment to finish these projects, A2A remains totally committed to its sim community customer base.
A2A is sorry for the delay but hang in there. New stuff IS on the table and in fact in development as we speak.
Dudley Henriques
Well obviously not "Totally", LOL and nothing in beta yet so it will be awhile then, eh? :evil: :lol:

I didn't expect my OP to turn the conversation ugly toward A2A. They do so much for their customers compared to many other developers that we should give them the benefit of the doubt and stand by them as they have done for us through the years. Top of the line simulated aircraft, never ending fixes/updates/improvements, ongoing and open help for all products, need more downloads just ask, think something is not quite right in a product and they will double check for you, the list goes on. We can't expect them to create every aircraft we want but they haven't failed to produce an aircraft that we in general haven't been excited about and enjoyed. All are talented people in their field and working closely with aviation one would expect some cross over developments in return for improving their core commitment and making more friends. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

So yes I miss the new release banter and figured that thought would lead others to dwell on all the good things about being a part of this forum. Also wish they would drop a hint so we can talk about more aviation stuff that's on the way but understand that leads to more "Why isn't it done yet" whining that makes the company look bad and puts more pressure on them. I get it.

In the mean time will enjoy the aircraft I do have, today I will be flying the P-47 from Corsica to the Brenner Pass, in the Italian Alps looking for something to bomb. :wink: After that I've been eying a U.S. cross country Comanche flight along the northern part of the state now that I have openLC NA. Flight simming keeps getting better and better.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jeepinforfun wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:
Aymi wrote:
Dudley Henriques
Well obviously not "Totally", LOL and nothing in beta yet so it will be awhile then, eh? :evil: :lol:
I'll rephrase this in the interest of clarity to read that A2A's PRIME commitment remains to its basic sim community.
Dudley Henriques

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Those of us who have been following A2A since the early Shockwave days (before Accusim, before FSX) have experienced quiet periods before. Just be patient. I'd rather announcements of products nearing completion than early renders of models that ultimately get shelved indefinitely.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Skycat wrote:Those of us who have been following A2A since the early Shockwave days (before Accusim, before FSX) have experienced quiet periods before. Just be patient. I'd rather announcements of products nearing completion than early renders of models that ultimately get shelved indefinitely.
Product announcement as I'm sure everybody knows (or hopefully understands anyway :-) is a delicate matter. Naturally we don't want to let the cat out of the bag too early for obvious competitive reasons. Every developer faces this same dilemma and we're no different in that department. This unfortunately places us in the middle between our giving away what we are developing and our community of anxious A2A fans chomping at the bit to see what's up and coming.
I can tell everybody that the A2A team shares the anticipation.
Where this leaves us is making posts like this one where we try our best to let everybody know that things are cooking on the A2A stove and that good things are indeed happening.
I can't give solid dates but I can say that it won't be too long before the question of what's new will be answered. I've talked to Scott constantly and I can tell you he is REALLY excited about what's happening.
So as always, I ask everybody to hang in. It'll be worth the wait !
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

New stuff IS on the table and in fact in development as we speak.
Old stuff would be nice...Spitfire, P3D?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote:
New stuff IS on the table and in fact in development as we speak.
Old stuff would be nice...Spitfire, P3D?
Old Mk. I/II for FSX but NEW to P3D, but I know what you mean Ron. :wink: Really new would be a Mk.V Spitfire. One can hope, yes?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”