Hate to Say it

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Hate to Say it

Post by bullfox »

Now I'm a pretty liberal guy and certainly am in favor of woman's equality, but since I have been flying the Comanche and T-6 with the lady pilots I have had nothing but a series of really bad landings.

On to other problems. I have a problem with the Saitek elevator trim wheel. Whenever I start a flight on the ground or restart a saved flight in the air after restarting the computer I have to move the trim wheel quite a bit to get it activated and when I do it restarts with several clicks of up trim. If in flight, the aircraft immediately pitches up and I have to go through a series of climbs and dives to get everything re-centered. I would welcome any advise on the trim wheel issue. Advice on the lady pilot issue will be taken under submission.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Hate to Say it

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I always move mine when doing my pre-flight checks as I naver land and take off with the same trim setting.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

This is typical for this wheel, just move it before starting the sim so it is recognized.

I always check all my peripherals before starting the sim. There is not much that is more unnerving than to start the sim and see that some controls are not calibrated properly, for example during take off.

Consider it a part of your preflight :)

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Yeah I consider that part of the "ensure controls move free and correct" checklist. Sometimes the calibration on my X-65F goes a little off center in the roll axis, so is always good to make sure that it is good before take off. Especially since most of the planes I fly lately don't have any sort of roll trim, so either have to pause the game and calibrate it or fly applying pressure to the stick the whole time. I always looked at getting one of those trim wheels to make trimming easier but guess I will stick to using my 3 position switch for that.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Try making the female pilots the same weight as the male pilots and see if anything changes. Could be that the plane handles differently at different weights just like in real life. Or it could also be ( insert female pilot joke here) lol
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Landings require the eyes to be looking outside. :mrgreen:
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”