Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cconesa
Airman Basic

Re: Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

Post by cconesa »

Lewis - A2A wrote:cconesa can you please try extracting the updater and then running as admin via right click and selecting run as admin
That was one of the first things I did upon reading the comments from other forum members to previous installations. Same result. If you ask me, there seems to be something wrong with the downloaded files for FSX (FSX Steam, in my case).
LAG007 wrote:I have resolved this issue, well on mine anyway, I hope this works for you, instead of just disabling windows defender you have to go in and individually turn each protector off, there are five and if you dont have any Family settings it will only be four, once this is done I was able to install my WOP3 and T6 plus updates and it runs great, still have some tweak issues on T6 like throttle etc but will get to those now it is installed, Good luck :)
That's one thing I haven't tried but I suspect there should be no bearing to the installation as I use Norton AntiVirus and was disabled for the various installations and unistallations.

Please let me know about my request for the fresh files.

Regards,

Christian Conesa.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem with updater and FSX (run under Windows 10)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you think your download was corrupt you can re-download and give that a go.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”