Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF)

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF)

Post by Paughco »

Half Moon Bay Airport is now available on ORBX! I just downloaded it, and it looks and feels totally authentic. It even has the sign "Frank Sylvestri Terminal Building" at the entrance to the main building. Frank Sylvestri was running the place when I was a kid taking lessons. He flew P-47s in WW2, and ran that airport just like it was fighter base back in the '60s and '70s. Show up for work five minutes late, and he'd growl, "Good afternoon!" Looking back, I really enjoyed working there.

So, the airport is great. My T-6 likes it also, as she gave me two perfect landings on Rwy 30. Felt just like the old days in a Cessna 150.

Oh yeah - it also has an authentically faded painting of Snoopy flying his dog house on top of the main hangar!

Seeya
ATB

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF)

Post by MarcE »

yep,

the Orbx GA to medium size airports are amazing.. absolutely beautiful. Though I don't like their bigger airports that much due to the performance.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Half Moon Bay Airport (KHAF)

Post by Medtner »

As the need I am I am flying up there now from Palm Springs. I got as far as San Luis before it got too dark to fly safely, and I was tired last night.

Today, I’m goong back “home” to where it all began. Flight Unlimited 2 was for many years my go-to Sim. Half Moon Bay was the hub, and it has all sorts of sentimental value besides being a beautiful place. Those airport names around San Francisco always mean something extra for me - Flight Unlimited 2 having excellent ATC system with many pilots doing patterns at Petaluma, Gross, Rio Vista, Half Moon Bay, Sonoma SkyPark, and many others.

Now if I had an Accusim Cessna 152, that would take me back even better. That was the “trainer” in Flight Unlimited.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”