Don'tcha hate it when that happens...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Don'tcha hate it when that happens...

Post by Mickel »

Capital Airlines Flight CA921W from DCA to KYIP in the Connie. Grey, miserable day in DC, but OK for a visual departure. 17 gusting 28 cross at YIP, decided early to divert to Metro (which wasn't there then, but it's in the sim...). Picked up the ILS into 27L. It was the runway all the inbound jets were using. About a 9 gusting 12 cross. Wasn't ever going to be pretty, but would be livable. Sorry Smok'n Joe, who was in back, suck it up. Should have switched to 27R. Got visual at about the same time as an A320 went overhead. I thought I'd turned wake turbulence off, but obviously not - just way down (note to self - fix that...). So was was getting thrown around a bit and went around. Made the decision early, so it wasn't rushed and the horses were spared. Headed back east to try again for 27R. About 15 miles out, contemplating the turn back to 27R. Couldn't see jack, other than snow or rain. Theeen.....

APPCRASH.

Did swear. This would have been hour 200 in V4, fifty of them in the L049. Had been on all day, and paused as family duties interrupted. Now too late to have another go. Will have to wait until next weekend probably...

:evil:

Rant over. The wife won't get it, so I'm venting here...
Last edited by Mickel on 14 Jan 2018, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Don'tcha hate it when that happens...

Post by MarcE »

I definitely used to hate it and at some point I lost my enthusiasm about sim flying.. I have been off for more than a year as all my FSX did was crashing.. Then with P3Dv3 it was a lot better and since v4 I haven't had a single appcrash as soon as I got rid of incompatible addons. Might be worth an upgrade for you.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Sadly it was in P3D V4... :(

I might have to go turn off an airport I've tried to shoehorn into it. Everything else is for V4.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I've been in P3Dv4 for 316 hours and 119 landings, all in the Connie. I've had only two appcrashes. Both of these were my fault for trying to overclock my GPU. For some reason I have never gotten a stable overclock on my particular GTX 980 Ti. However, I have had many frustrating sudden flight ends in FSX after 4-6 hour flights and they are usually 10 minutes out while setting up approach.

Yes :twisted: I do hate it when that happens :twisted:

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

The9thTitan
Airman Basic

Post by The9thTitan »

Took a longer than normal flight last night in the 182.. Went all the way up to 12000.. Got settled in.. Rolling along.. Crash.. It was a p3d-v.3 kernelbase.dll crash.. First one of those I have had.. Have no idea what that's all about.. Whatever..

I hate having to start a flight over after a crash.. I don't use the auto-save feature of FSUICP because it causes small stutters in my sim.. I fired her back up but decided on 8000 instead of 12000.. Completed the flight.. Crashes suck..

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Made it this weekend. Muuuch better weather. Sloppy landing and rude passengers though... On to Milwaukee next, then Minneapolis.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”