Price difference on P3D v4 versions

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Let me start by saying A2A revolutionised my simming. Going from default aircraft, and products from other developers, to an A2A aircraft is a huge step forward.
I am currently running FSX and looking to move to P3D v4. One of the things that is putting me off is that I have spent a lot of money in the last few years on my A2A fleet and recently purchased ‘the jug’. Then I thought to hell with it, I will go fo it. I then went to the A2A shop to see what was available, fulling expecting by the way that I will need to re-purchase aircraft because they would have had to be redeveloped. What I wasn’t expecting was that, depending on which license you have (I will be getting the professional license), that there is a big price difference on the A2A aircraft ‘version’ you purchase. I haven’t seen this elsewhere and I just wondered if there was a reason why A2A are having to do this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Price difference on P3D v4 versions

Post by MarcE »

Purely technical they are all the same. :wink:

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Think of it this way. A2A provides support to Professional users of P3D that are using these aircraft for actual flight training. This comes at a cost to them as they must pay for their staff to provide this support to fix bugs, customize the software or respond to their requests.

I am fairly certain that their pricing model accounts for this fact if you are truly a professional P3D user.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

I think it follows the same path of the Lockheed Martin's price scheme. The 'Academic' version which most people purchase (although most actually do not fall within the terms of service) is the usual $59, similar with A2A 'Academic' licenses of products. Lockheed Martin's Professional P3Dv4 is something $199? (This is supposedly what everyone should pay if they are not in grade school or college) and similarly again A2A's pricing reflects a higher price for the professional series of licenses, as the pro series gives free reign to a whole lot more. I think technically you aren't even allowed to stream or share videos for 'entertainment' value of P3Dv4 Academic. Which is why most Twitch streamers stream in the FSX category? Not sure it's been a while since I looked over the EULA's
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”