For those of you who don't get over to SOH much.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

For those of you who don't get over to SOH much.

Post by Snuffy »

Snuffy

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: For those of you who don't get over to SOH much.

Post by Molly - A2A »

Wow :shock: That's quite the home simulator...

One thing I find so attractive about building a full two seater simulator of some kind (a tubeliner like this, for example) would be being able to sit down with a friend and 'sim' together. Basically just being able to share the hobby with someone right next to you would be so fun I think.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Dang what a monster that is.
It looks like something Scott or Lewis would own.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Wow, imagine a 4-seater like that for the Connie or the Strat...

One can dream :)
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

JJB17463rdBombGroup wrote:Dang what a monster that is.
It looks like something Scott or Lewis would own.
Not so sure about Lewis since he uses a game pad to fly. :D As far as the 777 simulator for $600,000, without motion you could create just as much immersion in my opinion for a lot less money. But if you have lots of money got to spend it on something. Get you in a lot less trouble than booze and broads. You could of course include them in your simulated flying (Fly United). :twisted:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

something can't be right about the 600k. I guess it's one "0" too much.

https://www.vier-im-pott.com/index.php/ ... ug-and-fly as a comparision.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

I really admired the user on this form who is / was building a Comanche home cockpit. Very doable and really cool! Where as that setup..........wow I imagine very difficult to build
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

crippy wrote:I really admired the user on this form who is / was building a Comanche home cockpit. Very doable and really cool! Where as that setup..........wow I imagine very difficult to build
You've apparently not mined the forums here ... Back in the day ... (2009,)
Snuffy

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Motorcycling and flying my virtual aircraft are my two main hobbies. If I had really serious money, I'd probably keep the flight sim setup as simple as it is today (leading edge 'puter, big flat screen, A2A aircraft, stick, throttle, rudder pedals) but I'd invest in an aircraft that could haul a few bikes from here in Pugetropolis to far away places (the Southwest, Texas Hill Country, etc.) for riding in really cool places without the three day ride to get there. This is similar to what some people do with their "toy haulers," but way cooler. I'm thinking a C-123 with turboprop engines. We'd get somebody like Steveo1kinevo to fly it. Would that be fun or what? I believe that would be way cooler than sinking $600K into a home flight sim cockpit. Maybe a ride in that Collins Foundation F-4. Fly out to Wright Patterson, then on to the Northeast. Fly to the Hog Ridin' Fools Detroit Chapter annual HRF birthday party (on or about April Fool's Day each year). We'd pick out a nice airport in the vicinity, load our bikes (Steveo could load his F700GS and ride with the Fools!), kick the tires and light the fires and off we'd go! Park at our nearby field, tie the aircraft down, unload the bikes and go get a room, a beer, and a steak, in that order.

Man, that would be livin' the dream. Hmm. Mebbe I should start a crowd-funding campaign...

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”