good joystick or no?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

good joystick or no?

Post by KotatehFox »

i think it looks alright, it would be a nice upgrade but i have $100 to spend from my mom for christmas since she works at amazon, she gets a discount and all so...hows it look?

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-1 ... s=joystick
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: good joystick or no?

Post by Bruce66 »

I don't have the T1000 but the Warthog but I will make these comments.

First I really like and use the TARGET control assignment program that comes with the Warthog and the T1000. It really makes it a lot easier for me to get immersion and switch from plane to plane. Others will definitely disagree with me on that one.

Next I would say it depends on what kind of planes you want to fly. I like combat fighters and small GA airplanes that don't have a yoke but I do find myself wishing I had the financial capacity to have a yoke as well for those larger GA planes and multi engine planes that have a yoke. Worth some thought before you make a choice.

Finally my experience with Thrustmaster has been pretty good. The Warthog is a solid and reliable piece of equipment. I had a set of Thrustmaster pedals that gave me trouble and they gave me a full refund plus return shipping (via Amazon) no issues. Went with Siatek for pedals in the end.
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I have the T16000m to use with airplanes that have a (side)stick. So I use it with the A2A P51, Spit (Yes I know...) and the Cub with the stick positioned between the legs, with the FSL Airbus with the stick to the side. And I tried the Thrustmaster pedals. But while the joystick is really really solid and accurate (despite its strong middle position) the pedals are plastic sliding on steel bars. too much friction to move it accurately. I tried to lubricate them like I did with my CH flight sim yoke but I found them completely unusable for serious flight simming and repurchased the Saitek pedals (my old ones were broken).

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Yes the T16000 is a very good stick. I have the older model without the throttle so i do not know about that but the basic joystick is very similar, just different colour (green). One solution is to go with the stick only and buy saitek throttle quadrant, that is a bit more versatile, but bit more expensive combo.

T16000 is very precise, very smooth and can be used either left or right hand. But as said, no experience on the throttle.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

I have the stick and absolutely love it. Have since gotten rid of my CH yoke and CH Fighterstick after acquiring it and testing it out - it beats them both in sensitivity and feel in my humble opinion. Price is right as well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Alfredson007 wrote:T16000 is very precise, very smooth and can be used either left or right hand. But as said, no experience on the throttle.
Another fan of the T.16000m here. In fact it was largely because of Alfredson007's post a couple of years ago that I bought this stick and no regrets so far. :) I have the original (non-HOTAS) version too, and though the buttons and integral throttle could be better (again - no experience of the standalone throttle), the Hall-effect sensors set it apart in terms of precision and the degree of finesse available when it comes to a controller in this price bracket.

There's another short thread on it here.

Nick

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

The T16000 M for the money is the best stick on the market. No pots to drift, just Hall IC's. Set it once and never have to touch it again/
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I also have the t.16000 and it is a very nice, accurate stick, a little bit too stiff around the center though (at least for my taste) and might move if not secured.

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

bobsk8 wrote:The T16000 M for the money is the best stick on the market.
+ 1

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

+1 from me too for the T16000 stick. Started with it more than a year ago.
The small throttle slider in the middle is a bit twitchy. So I added the TM hotas throttle. You won't be disappointed at that price.
I also own the TM pedals.
Only thing to mention is the sliding on rails (plastic on metal). Tried with silicone spray but this didn't last long. Will try some silicone grease, which works for plastic on plastic things.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

adding to my wishlist as I would like to learn how to fly stick :oops: :oops:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Lewis - A2A wrote:adding to my wishlist as I would like to learn how to fly stick :oops: :oops:
Still on the game pad? :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Freestyle Pro (sensor movement control) or Yoke, never used an actual stick for any real time :oops: :oops:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”