FSX: SE and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

FSX: SE and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Post by Pistonpilot »

Greetings all!

Just wanted to report that I accidentally updated to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update a few days ago, hadn't flown FSX: SE, and started it up today and started getting some really weird issues. I think this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum at length.

Specifically, I was receiving "Error creating child window" messages whenever attempting to open 2D windows with the sim full screen.

However, I am happy to report that the 12 Dec 2017 update, 2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4054517), although not specifically meant to address this problem, appears to have fixed it. I was able to complete full, uninterrupted flights in the 172 and the Military Mustang with this update installed and my normal fleet of background programs running (WAMA, FSUIPC, Orbx/FTX/iBlueYonder stuff). Previous to this update, I could not open a single 2D window (walk around, moving map, configuration panels, etc) in A2A aircraft without immediately crashing to desktop.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else either updated by accident and is yearning for a fix or has been holding off on the update and wants to give it a try.

Happy flying!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: FSX: SE and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thanks for making the thread, Ian. I can report the same :)

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Post by aonyn »

Awesome news, I will be flying tonight :) Thanks
Regards,
Dave
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

Yes Microsoft said about 10 days ago that this update would fix it. Glad it’s true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, I know Dovetail had posted that they where in communication with MS on the issue.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”