Spirit of St Louis

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Spirit of St Louis

Post by dvm »

I am reading Lindbergh's 1953 book on his NY to Paris flight "The spirit of St Louis". I have read this book several times and own a 1st edition. I read this book the first time when I was a kid. Growing up in a aviation orientated family it was a no brainer and he was my role model as a young man. I have visited his grave site on Maui twice so I guess he still is my hero. When he completed his NY to Paris flight he was for quite some time the most famous man in the world. Some of his positions later in life were controversial but his accomplishments were many and they can't be taken from him in my opinion. He was an accomplished pilot, writer and inventor. It is very popular right now for some to take historical figures out of context and make them into villains which I believe is unfair. If you haven't read this book and especially if you are a aviation buff I highly recommend it. If you are interested in Lindbergh's life "Lindbergh" by Scott Berg is probably the most comprehensive. Both books are available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-St-Louis- ... +lindbergh

https://www.amazon.com/Lindbergh-Scott- ... +lindbergh

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spirit of St Louis

Post by dvm »

These photos were taken in 2013. If you have never visited this grave site it is in a little church yard near Hana Maui.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I am using a new photo site to post my photos "Postimage". It was easy to setup an account and easy to use for whatever it's worth. Photobucket can kiss my patootie. :D

shortspecialbus
Staff Sergeant

Post by shortspecialbus »

I always recommend imgur.com for image uploading. Don't even need an account, although it helps you keep track of them if you have one. Lots of various extensions and mobile apps to help with uploading as well.

-stefan

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

shortspecialbus wrote:I always recommend imgur.com for image uploading. Don't even need an account, although it helps you keep track of them if you have one. Lots of various extensions and mobile apps to help with uploading as well.

-stefan
Just be wary of accidentally posting things publically, as that's pretty easy to do with imgur. Private hosting is also free and simple, it's just also possible to accidentally share what you host to the gallery for social media judgement. ;)

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”