Custom Lights

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Custom Lights

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Help please
Today I noticed that my A2A 182 custom lights are not working (I now have the simulator standard lights),

I then checked the rest of my A2a fleet (all ga), and found the same thing.

I then opened the air craft configurator for each airplane to find yhat there is no longer an option to set the custon lights. The configurator only gives option to set preffered GPS.

I then ran the latest A2A update. Still no lights option.
I then ran the PP3d v4 installers. Still no lights option.

Has anyone her had this experience? If so please share info on how to fix please.

Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Custom Lights

Post by Oracle427 »

This is not applicable to P3D due to the enhanced graphics engine.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Oracle427 wrote:This is not applicable to P3D due to the enhanced graphics engine.
Forgive my ignorance. What is not applicable to P3D due to enhanced graphics engine?

Do you have any idea why the custom lights no longer work on my entire A2A fleet?
Do you know how to fix the problem.

Every thing worked fine until tonight when I switched from flying the 182(been flying it exclusively for weeks now) to the 172 (haven't flown it for about a month).
Loaded the 172 at KSEA and found that the 3d lights no longer works. I then tried the rest of the fleet and found that 3D lights no longer work on any A2A airplane.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The custom lights are not applicable to P3D so boring is broken or needs to be fixed. This is an FSX only function so you are all set as is.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Oracle427 wrote:The custom lights are not applicable to P3D so boring is broken or needs to be fixed. This is an FSX only function so you are all set as is.
If I understand you, I have just been lucky to have had 3D lights working in all previous versions of pp3d including V4.1 up till today.

Guess it would be interesting to figure what changed today or better yet; what was broken in all my previous PP3d versions including V4.1, that allowed the 3d lights to work until today.
I hope it is not a text or document file as I am going to try rolling back windows 10 to an earlier date with the hope that whatever was broken will be broken again and give me back 3D lights.

Thanks.

Robin.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'll let someone else with P3D comment on specifics. As I understand from other forum posts this should not function in P3D. Are you saying that you lost an actual visual effect in the sim or just the option to install the feature?

See this post http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =3d+lights

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Oracle427 wrote:I'll let someone else with P3D comment on specifics. As I understand from other forum posts this should not function in P3D. Are you saying that you lost an actual visual effect in the sim or just the option to install the feature?
I have lost the visual effect of the custom landing lights. This effect has always worked for me through all versions of PP3d that I have had. (Ver3 till V4.1)

I didn't miss the option from the configurator until today. (I don't mess with configurator settings much.)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Robin - please see my reply here. Can you check to see if "dynamic lighting" is ticked in the P3D settings?

Thanks,
Nick

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

Nick M wrote:Robin - please see my reply here. Can you check to see if "dynamic lighting" is ticked in the P3D settings?

Thanks,
Nick
"Dynamic lighting", was disabled. I re enabled it and all is well again.
Thanks for your advice.

Robin.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”