A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by AviationAtWar »

Paul K wrote: I think that would silence my B-29 whinging. Well, for a day or two.. :mrgreen:
Blasphemy! I'd fly a Skyraider and whine about getting a B-29 at the same time. Maybe the unexpected opportunity is flight testing in FiFi or Doc! We do know that A2A has had communications of some sort with the Doc crew; 3350's were built for the Connie, similar turbos for the B-17...

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

RichardFS wrote:Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
^

chadryan
Senior Airman

A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by chadryan »

Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
Please be a DeHavilland
Please be a DeHavilland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichardFS
Airman First Class

Post by RichardFS »

chadryan wrote:
Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
Please be a DeHavilland
Please be a DeHavilland

A dehavilland.... A dehavilland what? The only Dehavilland's worth accu-simming would be a beaver or a mosquito

gear up and off
Airman

Post by gear up and off »

The highest quality of your addons have spoiled me in the GA arena, please be a pressurized GA twin.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

That's some pretty big (and good) news there Scott.
:o
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

RichardFS wrote:
chadryan wrote:
Please be a Douglas
Please be a Douglas
Please be a DeHavilland
Please be a DeHavilland

A dehavilland.... A dehavilland what? The only Dehavilland's worth accu-simming would be a beaver or a mosquito
Preferably a Beaver. Maybe an Otter.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Thanks for the update, Scott. Looking forward to a great 2018!
Ros

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Thank you for the update, Scott. I guess 2018 will be very exciting for A2A Simulations and it's community.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

It seems that it is my place to strike a blow for the Me 109...
I should love to have the Spit, the 109, and the P-51 in my hangar, again!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

rhyslegge
Airman

Post by rhyslegge »

Fantastic update, and great to see that A2A is growing and expanding. The next release will be epic i'm sure, so take your time!

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I see so many people talking about a "great and exciting development update", and I feel a bit lost.
Here is the summary, as I understood it, of the initial post:
- We're working on two new planes, but we can't say what.
- Accusim is so cool
- There will be other Accusim planes in future
- A2A planes will be ported to P3Dv4
- Accusim is popular.

Am I the only one in here missing the good old times when development updates were actually telling about what was being developed ?

Sorry for the rant :?

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Daube, you said exactly what I had felt reading the first post. Not to offend anyone, but Scott said so much essentially saying nothing. I'm very confused what everyone is so excited about.

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Daube wrote:Am I the only one in here missing the good old times when development updates were actually telling about what was being developed ?
I get that feeling, too, but I temper it with the understanding that releasing ANY information nowadays is taken as a set-in-stone promise. The disasterous sort of negative PR that comes with getting told "you PROMISED!" by disappointed customers when something unexpected happens or a plan changes is just how things are now in the wonderful world of the Internet. Seems like A2A plays its hand close to its chest because...well, that's exactly what they're doing, so as to avoid having extremely dissatisfied customers wave an old forum post in their face when plans change.

For example, take the long-ago-mentioned A2A jets: my understanding is that A2A correctly realized they bit off more than they could chew at that moment. Producing a Century series jet at the same level of detail and fidelity as an A2A WWII warbird involves a lot of complicated systems modeling and management that doesn't exist in FSX/P3D, so A2A would have to build it from scratch without any stick time. Now they have to infinitely say "we will eventually" because they sort of said they'd do it once and admitting they've abandoned the idea now will get them flayed. Customers like promise-keeping, but they also tend to interpret what a promise is based on their own desires.

While I share the collective I-want-more enthusiasm and frustration of the community, I'm pretty happy with my current stable of A2A aircraft, so I'll just take this as an opportunity to enjoy what's already been released and remain hopeful that the next release will pique my interest as well!

-Ian C

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Pistonpilot wrote:
Daube wrote:Am I the only one in here missing the good old times when development updates were actually telling about what was being developed ?
I get that feeling, too, but I temper it with the understanding that releasing ANY information nowadays is taken as a set-in-stone promise. The disasterous sort of negative PR that comes with getting told "you PROMISED!" by disappointed customers when something unexpected happens or a plan changes is just how things are now in the wonderful world of the Internet. Seems like A2A plays its hand close to its chest because...well, that exactly what they're doing, so as to avoid having extremely dissatisfied customers wave an old forum post in their face when plans change.

For example, take the long-ago-mentioned A2A jets: my understanding is that A2A correctly realized they bit off more than they could chew at that moment. Producing a Century series jet at the same level of detail and fidelity as an A2A WWII warbird involves a lot of complicated systems modeling and management that doesn't exist in FSX/P3D, so A2A would have to build it from scratch without any stick time. Now they have to infinitely say "we will eventually" because they sort of said they'd do it once and admitting they've abandoned the idea now will get them flayed. Customers like promise-keeping, but they also tend to interpret what a promise is based on their own desires.

While I share the collective I-want-more enthusiasm and frustration of the community, I'm pretty happy with my current stable of A2A aircraft, so I'll just take this as an opportunity to enjoy what's already been released and remain hopeful that the next release will pique my interest as well!

-Ian C
Possibly the best way to look at these things is in realizing that A2A is a multi-role company that has interests in various areas of the community. In business, sometimes it happens that opportunity knocks and a step must be taken in one direction or another.
This year A2A had to make several decisions that required action in specific areas and they did so in the best interests of both A2A AND the sim community.
This doesn't mean we have gone back on a promise and it doesn't mean we have forgotten our aircraft development. We DO have aircraft in development. In fact the next several aircraft we will release will be ground breaking as far as Accusim is concerned. Trust me when I say the community will be "pleasantly surprised" at what we have been doing with Accusim.
So hang in there people. I know it's been awhile and everybody is anxious. There will be several things something coming in 2018 that I think will make you VERY happy.
Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”