Vans RV-8

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Re: Vans RV-8

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

My favorite RV video showing just how capable these aircraft truly are...

https://youtu.be/gVNFfTSbwAs

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks Scott,

Great Video !

Vince

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Vince,

Right back atcha - sir...
;)

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Caldemeyn wrote:I found a plane somewhat resembling an rv. A new plane from iris simulations aviator series, CT/4F Akala, this effin thing has 300 HP engine :) didn't try it yet though. It is v4 compatible.

It may not be A2A but you take what you can get 8)

Vertigo studios has an rv-8 that allegedly can be made to work in v4

Orbx has an rv-4 that probably works

There may be a way to persuade the baytower one to work, here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4721 ... in-p3d-25/
Unfortunately, Danny Maher who is the man behind Baytower hasn't been heard from for some time. Much like his friend and fellow Canadian, Mike of Lotussim, they each spent many years putting together their respective FS masterpieces, then they shortly thereafter gave up FS development and went on to greener pastures. Danny always joked, the time he spent putting together the virtual RV-7 (like 6 years or something), he could have built a real one.

I always hoped Danny and Mike could have 'sold' their projects to A2A for further development. Accusimmed RV-7 and L-39 would have been simply awesome. Anyway, if Scott gets into a kitbuild project like an RV or whatever, hopefully one will eventually show up in Accusim form.

I think it is still a fantastic option for Scott. A kitbuilt aircraft would be a fantastic learning experience for both him, Jake and whoever helps them build it. As a plane, an RV would be an excellent '2nd' aircraft if the Comanche is sold, providing an economical and practical little 'fun' plane for the times when the Aerostar is too much airplane for the job...ie the quick $100 hamburger outing. If he gets a taildragger he can also use it to keep his stick n rudder and tailwheel skills sharp. IMHO the tailwheel looks a little better on the RV-7/8 anyway...not to mention a few knots faster 8)

The RV-7 reminds me of my Miata. It is a fun little sports/touring car that is fun to drive, reliable, reasonably fuel efficient, which can handle light commuting/shopping errand duties as well. The Miata also isn't a supercar wanting to kill me lol. Oh well, its all good.

One of the most memorable flights I've ever had in FS was in the BT RV-7, following a river, staying below 100', yanking and banking hard, following the river's course, it reminded me of this video.

Enjoy
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXO16bTySHQ[/youtube]

Cheeres
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

LouP wrote:Anyone know of a vans that works in p3d v4?

LouP
The baytower does with just a few mods... PM me with your email. I've got the new RXP GNS530W v2 in mine with fully functional clickspots!

ImageUntitled-16 by ryan b, on Flickr

ImageUntitled-1 by ryan b, on Flickr
Last edited by ryanbatc on 04 Dec 2017, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

RhinoDrvr wrote:
With specs like this, who would be interested in one done to A2A Accu-Sim standards? I would love to meet up with Scott and the team and give all the access required to see this versatile airplane modeled for FS! Any interest?!
Your RV8 looks amazing, love the paint scheme. I hope you are able to meet up with A2A so we can someday see one in the sim.

flying junk
Airman First Class

Post by flying junk »

LouP wrote:Anyone know of a vans that works in p3d v4?

LouP
Someone's already noted that the Baytower RV-7 is great with a small panel mod, but the Vertigo Studios RV-8 seems to work perfectly out of the box, at least so far...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”