So do I have to pay again if I change from FSX to P3D v4 ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

So do I have to pay again if I change from FSX to P3D v4 ?

Post by Gabe777 »

Thinking about P3D v4. I like cockpit shadows - just been playing DCS !

I already own the C182 for FSX, but, should I delay my intended purchase of the Comnanche, B17 and Stratocruiser until I get P3D up and running ?

Cheers.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: So do I have to pay again if I change from FSX to P3D v4

Post by AKar »

Gabe777 wrote:I already own the C182 for FSX, but, should I delay my intended purchase of the Comnanche, B17 and Stratocruiser until I get P3D up and running ?
I'd take the bundle if you don't know when you're getting P3D.

Other than that, yes, the P3D natives are different products and purchased separately with no discount for FSX licenses.

-Esa

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Thinking about changing means you probably will at some point. So yes, you will have to buy everything again for P3D as there are no A2A 'upgrades' from FSX. Be aware that there are no A2A warbirds for v4 at present so hold off on that B17 and Stratocruiser for now.

Steve.

:wink:

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

bladerunner900 wrote:Thinking about changing means you probably will at some point. So yes, you will have to buy everything again for P3D as there are no A2A 'upgrades' from FSX. Be aware that there are no A2A warbirds for v4 at present so hold off on that B17 and Stratocruiser for now.

Steve.

...abd the Spitfire, let alone the Me 109.
I tried to install the Spit but no sound in the cockpit; other defects I know not of. But I de-installed it again. I decided to install FSX sceneries via redirect but only v4 ‚native‘ aircraft.
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

vtracy wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:Thinking about changing means you probably will at some point. So yes, you will have to buy everything again for P3D as there are no A2A 'upgrades' from FSX. Be aware that there are no A2A warbirds for v4 at present so hold off on that B17 and Stratocruiser for now.

Steve.

...abd the Spitfire, let alone the Me 109.
I tried to install the Spit but no sound in the cockpit; other defects I know not of. But I de-installed it again. I decided to install FSX sceneries via redirect but only v4 ‚native‘ aircraft.
Volker
I have managed to get the Spitfire working using this method. Ostensibly with no problems but success does seem to be hit-or-miss for some. It won't stop me getting the official release and at that point, the older FSX version will be obsolete for me. Sad in a way but, time and progress and all that entails.

Steve.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Do you plan to ditch FSX completely? If you can run both platforms, I say get the B-17 for FSX and wait for a Stratocruiser P3D upgrade.

Or just get the P3D Constellation and spend the next six months learning it through and through, and by then one or both of the other aircraft may be available for P3D.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”