Permanenet Shift 2-9 window placement

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Permanenet Shift 2-9 window placement

Post by TBryson2 »

I have a 3 monitor setup and need to know the correct way to edit the panel.cfg file so that when you hit Shift+1 through 9 the window will pop up in the center monitor. Default position is on the far left. I already know how to drag the window over to the center monitor, but I want to set it up so that I no longer have to drag it over.

PLEASE do not reply with how to edit a file to resize a window, I already know how to do that, but the issue is when I edit the panel.cfg file for a specific window, (i.e. pilot walkaround, Shift+8) it initially will pop up where I want it, then any other time I recall it it will subsequently revert back to the far left monitor! I'm not sure why this is and it only seems to happen to these windows. (Is it because they have "click points"?)

I have already successfully repositioned / resized the ATC window to perform properly and I have resized the GPS so it isn't flat and wide, but the other windows elude me because of their behavior.

(On a side note, why are there so many "panel.cfg" files in the "panel" directory for my C-172? What are each used for?)

Any input on why these windows behave this way would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”