GA traffic in P3D v4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

GA traffic in P3D v4

Post by ilya1502 »

Hello fellow-pilots!

What GA traffic models do you use in P3D v4.1? I tried HTAI models I have used for years since FS2004, but they no longer work. Default models are too scarce even if you borrow a couple of them from FSX. This leaves us with almost all of the default GA traffic in P3D represented by Mooneys which are not that abundant in the real world. So what options are we left with?

Also, what kind of program is good for generating GA traffic? I remember a very nice one called just that - "GA Traffic" - for FS2004, which would scan your sim for airports and aircraft and then generate realistic traffic according to specific algorithms, but the final version have never made it to FSX, and the RC2 version just doesn't work properly (in my case it didn't detect any aircraft no matter what I tried).

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: GA traffic in P3D v4

Post by TymK »

Hi,

Which part of the world are you flying in? I know the Orbx freeware AI pack for Australia and New Zealand is v4-compatible, and I *think* it includes some HTAI models recompiled for v4. I've also read that someone was trying (unofficially) to combine these updated models with the Orbx AI pack for PNW, which is not v4-compatible and probably won't be updated, but contains many of the same models as the AU/NZ pack. So, with some manual file replacement etc., it should be possible to get working AI traffic in the PNW region and also reuse the models for your own purposes.

HTH,
Tym

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

Hi Tym!

I fly mostly in PNW and Alaska, California occasionally. Thanks for pointing out that AU traffic - I'll try it.

CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Post by CrazyGleek »

Tym,

The Orbx Australian GA files do include updated aircraft that include many of the HTAI models, all working great under both FSX and P3Dv4. You can still use the old texture files and can include the aircraft in whatever GA flightplans you had used before if you update them to FSX standards. The Orbx airplanes include what used to be payware Cessnas.

Thanks much to Orbx and Henry Tomkowitz!

CrazyGleek

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”