Comanche flight across Puget Sound

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Comanche flight across Puget Sound

Post by Paughco »

Went on flight in the Comanche over Puget Sound on November 7. The weather was great, as we were between fronts at the time. I had flown the Comanche from Arlington (KAWO) to Orcas (KORS) the night before to meet some friends. A good time was had by all, then we all piled in and flew home. Here is the flight plan, per LittleNavMap:

Here we are, passing by Lopez Island:

The night flight from KAWO to KORS was prompted by problems I was having with the ADF. After downloading and thoroughly RTFM, I found that it was working perfectly. I climbed out at max power to 4,500 feet so as to be above the Charlie airspace around Whidbey Island NAS, then homed in on the CVV VOR, then the FHR ADF. Very nice.

The day flight back home was great! I noticed less tendency to float during flare with three passengers on board. I am so glad I have the Comanche!

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Comanche flight across Puget Sound

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very nice flight you had there and I love seeing the retro paints in action too, something special about them that is stark contrast to the other end of the scale of the modernised repaints that make the air-frame look super modern. Amazing what a lick of paint can do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”