No Upgrade From FSX to P3D For Previous FSX Purchases?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Eagle Spirit
Airman

No Upgrade From FSX to P3D For Previous FSX Purchases?

Post by Eagle Spirit »

I have been able to re download Previously purchased FSX aircraft from other developers (Carenado and others) and then re install the product updated to P3D v4. I tried to do that with my A2A "182" purchased last June. I see A2A has a P3D v4 version selling at the FS Pilot Shop. Is A2A not going to offer the upgraded FSX to P3D v4 to previous FSX buyers, as other developers have? Why not? We supported A2A with our purchase(s) GREED bug?

No more A2A for me!

Eagle

My apologies for that confusion… A2A releases their titles separately for each version, namely FSX and P3D - they even have been selling separate versions of the P3D for Academic, Professional and so on…

To my knowledge, A2A Simulations has not offered any discounted upgrades to go from the FSX to the P3D version, or from the P3D Academic to the P3D Professional versions.

When publishers have upgrade discounts, these are noted at the top of the product page itself on our site.

Regards,

Adam Howe
Product Manager
[email protected]
i7-4770K Quad-core 3.5-3.9GHz TB, HD Graphics 4600, Corsair Vengeance Military Green Case. Corsair 860W. Dynatron Cooling. GForce GTX780Ti. SuperClocked Samsung SSDx2/120 & 540. Western Dig 1TB VelociRaptor Sata 6GB. Hard Drive. Warthog Hotas.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: No Upgrade From FSX to P3D For Previous FSX Purchases?

Post by Oracle427 »

P3D is a different sim platform. It is not a minor version upgrade/patch.

This is like going from FS9 to FSX, and slowly beginning even more and more divergent.

A2A has to put time and therefore money into supporting their past as well as future releases. You are still well suppoeted for the FSX product you purchased and can continue to use the product in FSX.

Is there a rule that says that the developer had to give free version of their software for every other simulator that is released?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

It's unfortunate, but I think of it this way. An Accu-Sim plane is like a building built on a proper foundation with plumbing and electrical service. The other guy's planes are like a building on a wild-west movie set--nice facade, but no substance. When it comes time to renovate them, one's going to cost a heckuva lot more as a matter of course. When I buy the P3D version, I'm just doing my part to make sure the renovations happen at all.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

You purchased the 182 in June after P3D4 came out? Then you had to know it wouldn't get an "upgrade" if you followed this forum. From your number of posts, you do follow here.

Eagle Spirit
Airman

Post by Eagle Spirit »

"I had to know"?

All I know is that I have been able to re download Carenado / Milviz AC which have been upgraded to P3D v4.1 from FSX, mostly from Just Flight and the FSPilot Shop. No problem, "wallah" FSX to P3D v4.1 upgrade. I have a "shyte pot" full of A2A AC, just a shame, as I fly P3D v4.1 exclusively, no longer FSX. I'm not about to repurchase A2A for P3D, when other dev's like Carenado/MV have provided upgrades.

Regards, Eagle
i7-4770K Quad-core 3.5-3.9GHz TB, HD Graphics 4600, Corsair Vengeance Military Green Case. Corsair 860W. Dynatron Cooling. GForce GTX780Ti. SuperClocked Samsung SSDx2/120 & 540. Western Dig 1TB VelociRaptor Sata 6GB. Hard Drive. Warthog Hotas.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Ahh. More of the entitlement. It brings warmth to my heart to see it's still is out there...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Eagle spirit
You are a fine one to complain when it costs a renewal fee to download previously purchased products from your

site after a year.Disgraceful product management.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think eagle spirit is Adam Howe of FS Pilot Shop. I think he's quoting Adam Howe of FS Pilot Shop - the red text seems to be a message he received from them about A2A's FSX and P3D pricing.

And about his complaint - I'm not sure it's the result of a sense of entitlement. There's a fair amount of confusion in the marketplace. Different developers approach the FSX to P3D transition (and the P3D 32-bit to P3D 64-bit) transition in many different ways. There are those that charge the full cost of a new product, there are those that offered a time-limited upgrade at a discount, there are those that offer an ongoing upgrade, and there are those that offer a universal installer. The developers have their reasons for doing it however they do it, but it's possible for a customer to be confused, or to expect something different based on past experiences. A2A's policy is A2A's policy, and the regulars here know it, but not everybody does. Eagle spirit's post was a bit harsh, but on the other hand, it doesn't cost anything (see what I did there? 8) ) to cut the guy some slack.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Some good news though, A2A have offered a free upgrade to those of us who have suffered mental health problems due to waiting for the Spitfire. Which I thought was a kind gesture.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

A2A DO offer upgrades!! They sell bundles but you have to plan forward a bit.

PMDG for example have never offered upgrade prices, FSL have cancelled their offer when they released the Airbus for v4. There are not much more developers you can compare to A2A in quality and system depth/realism.

Some developers are still to release their updated aircraft or even newly devolopped addons like FlythemaddogX, Espen's Ultimate DC-9 Classic (he just said it was on his wishlist to make an updated DC9) or QW (787, 146). Some might offer upgrades, some will sell new products.

But as good looking the Carenado addons are, you can't compare them to A2A in no way. And I personally would never pay 35 or 45 Dollars for their addons (or even twice?!) when I can have an accusimed equivalent for just a few dollars more. But I have spent maybe 500$ in A2A addons and I don't regret it. And I will get the P51 again for v4 as soon as it's out, even if it's another 50$.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Ron Attwood wrote:Some good news though, A2A have offered a free upgrade to those of us who have suffered mental health problems due to waiting for the Spitfire. Which I thought was a kind gesture.

I - suddenly - feel extremely sick up there :D

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Alan_A wrote:Eagle spirit's post was a bit harsh, but on the other hand, it doesn't cost anything (see what I did there? 8) ) to cut the guy some slack.
Dropping the greed accusation pushes it over the top. Every one of these We deserve an upgrade posts are the same...I supported you, you abandoned me, unless you give me what Company X does, I won't buy any of your products anymore. It's frustrating to see it over and over again. I'll be nice from now on...I swear. :wink:

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Ron Attwood wrote:Some good news though, A2A have offered a free upgrade to those of us who have suffered mental health problems due to waiting for the Spitfire. Which I thought was a kind gesture.
You've officially given up on the Mustang now?

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

MarcE wrote:A2A DO offer upgrades!! They sell bundles but you have to plan forward a bit.........
A bundle is not an upgrade no matter how you try to sell it and doesn't help those with existing A2A FSX products that want to upgrade to P3D when they get the kinks out.

Simply A2A is a company with products to sell and how they do it is up to them, once a product is purchased they technically don't owe us anything after the sale.(Even if that would affect the customer base :lol: )

It does not mean that in this forum anyone should belittle a poster when they ask questions just because you don't agree with them or are a die-hard A2A "will pay anything" fan. I am also disappointed that A2A doesn't offer an on going upgrade price for FSX users of their products but like I said, they make the rules and one of those is that we can air our comments here without members jumping down our throats.

Thank You
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

jeepinforfun wrote:
MarcE wrote:A2A DO offer upgrades!! They sell bundles but you have to plan forward a bit.........
A bundle is not an upgrade no matter how you try to sell it and doesn't help those with existing A2A FSX products that want to upgrade to P3D when they get the kinks out.

Simply A2A is a company with products to sell and how they do it is up to them, once a product is purchased they technically don't owe us anything after the sale.(Even if that would affect the customer base :lol: )

It does not mean that in this forum anyone should belittle a poster when they ask questions just because you don't agree with them or are a die-hard A2A "will pay anything" fan. I am also disappointed that A2A doesn't offer an on going upgrade price for FSX users of their products but like I said, they make the rules and one of those is that we can air our comments here without members jumping down our throats.

Thank You
One reaps what one sows.

The question is in general a legitimate one, and questions like these, even if oft repeated, are usually met with hospitality here on the forum.

The entitled ranting that some brings to the table, however, is what I think most of us is reacting to.

"....as other developers have? Why not?"
"We supported A2A with our purchase(s)"
"GREED bug?"
"No more A2A for me!"

This is entitlement, ranting, whining, and threats - all rolled in to one opening post. It wasn't a heated reaction to an argument, but an opening post in a topic.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”